Talent vs Hardwork: Which is more important for career success.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Talent is a natural ability to do something. When we talk about someone being talented in a particular thing, that means the person is able to do that thing effortlessly. Some people are so talented in different professions or careers. For instance, a talented Singer would just grab a mic and start singing without rehearsals or practice.

In career development, which one is more important between talent and hard work and with which one would someone excel in a particular field. Take for instance, the talented Singer that doesn't really work hard and a hardworking singer who doesn't really have the talent of music.

I think there is an edge that talent gives a person. It makes things come naturally to a person. I think the person with the talent would go further than the person that just keeps working hard. If I were to hire , I would pick the one with talent over the one with hardwork.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Both talent and hard work are important for success. Talent can give a person natural abilities and predispositions that can make certain tasks easier for them. However, without hard work, a person may not be able to fully develop and utilize their talent. Hard work, on the other hand, is the willingness to put in the effort and dedication to achieve a goal. It's important to note that while talent can give a person a head start, hard work is often necessary to truly succeed.

There are a lot of people that have talent but due to laziness or lack of drive in this kind of situation, even if you don't have talent with just hard work you will be able to beat any talent, this happens over and over again the sports industry and almost all the business in the creative industry, so you have to first be able to discover what are your talents are and be able to back it up with hard work.

E

eldavis

Personally i would go with hard work. A person with talent indeed has an edge over others as things would come easily to them and even faster than others. due to this, they tend to not put in their best often times as they feel relaxed cause they know they are good at what they do. I choose hard work because no matter how talented a person might be in a particular field, without hard work, its still impossible to succeed. A person who works hard can definitely compete with someone who is talented. When you work hard, there is definitely no limit as to what you can achieve. There is always this push to want to put in your very best at all times, simply cause you want to prove to others you are more than capable. Though there are persons who are talented and still work hard. But i still believe your hard work can open doors talent alone may not.