The 30-days rule for saving

Augusta

VIP Contributor
If you are trying to be prudent with your savings, it might be difficult to achieve especially if you are one that loves implusive buying or just loves good deals that just come up.

These kind of impromptu buying can take good chunk of your money if you are not careful. But you can curb this habit or stop it with this simple saving rule called the 30-day rule.

The 30-day rule for saving is all about delaying buying anything you need for 30 days. You know how depreciating it can be for your account when you keep buying what you never intended. This method will help you save better. So with this method you would go for a specific thing after 30 days and this will be after you have ascertain that you really want the item.

With this method you are actually buying what you really need and not just buying implusively. Again, you would be delaying gratification that might not be necessary and hence, you would save money.

what do you think about this rule?

D

Deleted member 28127

Something cannot be delayed if it is really essential like phone bills or electricity and water bills add to purchase botles of water to drink. What can be delayed is clothes shopping from time to time.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Something cannot be delayed if it is really essential like phone bills or electricity and water bills add to purchase botles of water to drink. What can be delayed is clothes shopping from time to time.
yeah this is why the 30-day rule is here to help you decide in an informed or rational way which thing is your need or your want. At least when you wait this 30 days and you still have the urge to buy that thing then you can go ahead with it.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I belive if some one really want cut expenses it not until when some one is delaying of buying things alone but instead one should pur what is very important as the first priority .
And one will be able to save more better is expenses is reduce to the bearest minimum.

benlouie

Shopping for clothes is not the major thing to be delayed. From our total earnings about 40-60% we will spend on foods that we eat. So my suggestion is that we can delay or postpone our night eating foods so we can save a lot from it. Does anyone agree with me??