The basic benefits of a public utility driver under Grab

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I was invited by a friend to apply as a Grab driver. He said that I could earn more than double of the minimum wage here ($10) which is a pretty good income for a retired person. Aside from the earnings in the fare, the Grab company has a discount of 10% on the gasoline in any gas station. There’s also the provident like an insurance (not very clear to me). My overall assessment is that driving for Grab can be a good job especially when you are not qualified to work as an employee anymore.

Unfortunately, my wife didn’t want our car for that purpose. She said that it is not good for strangers to ride our car. That is a lost opportunity for me but maybe for other pensioners they can use their car for that purpose.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's a way to make passive income. There are so many innovations this days and it's really good people get thinking to make money. Grab driver will use your car and you will earn. You did not mention which maintains the car, is it the owner or the driver and the percentage share. Having said that, your minimum wage is $10?That's too small!