The benefits of having a petty cash in the home

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In business the petty cash is a fund for small expenses that is convenient for the business to have instead of getting money from the bank. In our home we have the petty cash box that contains the weekly budget for the household expenses. The usual spending is for the food of the day and other household expenses like laundry soap. When there is an excess we use it to buy luxuries like pizza.

But come to think of it in this pandemic era most of the excess in the petty cash box goes to my special box which has no purpose for now but I consider it savings. For the year 2021 the total savings that we have from the petty cash box is already 5,000 pesos ($100) which is big money here. That gave me a nice feeling today when I counted the money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of benefits of having petty cash in your home, in your pocket, or even in your organization. Petty cash helps o manage petty expenses. You can always make big purchases through your bank or cards but you can use petty cash to buy small things, or even give as donations to the needy ones

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This reminds me of those days when i used to have a small box and i use to store every little change I collect from uncles and aunt's whenever they come visiting. And something I do get extra cash from my parents and i will save up the cash in that box. I guarded the box so jealously and never allowed anyone to open it. Not until it was time for festives and i would use that money to support myself too academically. I have used it to support my parents some time they may also be broke and be in dear need of financial help and i will open up my box to render some financial help. And ever since that time I do always keep cash somewhere in the house to support my family and i have also passed the same knowledge to my children and to other people who I think may also need to equip their children with such knowledge.

There is somuch good in keeping petty cash in the house as there are some people who believes that such kind of money will not make the house to be in lack of cash or other good things.