The best way to raise money is to have a plan

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Money isn't something you can create out of thin air. You need an idea, and you need to find people who will pay for that idea. The process starts with asking yourself what you want. Do you want to open a coffee shop? Write a book? Start a company? There are lots of ways to make money in the world, but each one has its own challenges and rewards. And every path has its own risks and costs.

Once you've decided what it is exactly that you want, it's time to figure out how much money you'll need to achieve that goal. You can use this calculator from The Financial Journey Man (an awesome financial website) to help figure out how much money you'll need in order to reach your goal.

If your goal is really expensive, like starting a business or buying an apartment, then it's time to get serious about finding investors who will help pay for it. If your goals are more modest, like saving up enough money for an engagement ring or paying off student loans, then maybe it's not as necessary right now for you to raise funds from outside sources (unless there are other reasons why having extra cash would help).

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is very true. Having a plan is the best way to start making money with ease. When you have a plan laid out, you know exactly what you need to do to make money. But first, you must have an idea of the things that are possibly going to make you the money.

Now, there are so many sources of ideas on what you need to do. These sources include;
  1. Your own observation of what people around you need that you can sell to them.
  2. Reading books about businesses and so many other topics and finding a relevant idea.
  3. Your own hobbies such as writing or hairdressing that you can turn into a business.
  4. Speaking with other entrepreneurs or friends who share the same interests as you.
Once you get a good idea, you need to plan on how to implement that idea. That involves conducting surveys, setting up a good business location and finding out about all the resources you need.

Amiled1981

This is absolutely correct. Having a strategy in place is the greatest approach to get started producing money quickly. You know precisely what you need to do to make money when you have a strategy in place. But initially, you must have a general notion of the items that could bring you money.

Sikapa

Verified member
This your thread has remembered me what an elderly man told me some years ago. He said to me "if you get enough money then people will add to you the rest" as at that time I did not get what he was try to tell me but now I know what it means. Yes, immediately you get some money then people will come to you with different ideas and it will be like which of them should I take? Then is up to you to rethink about all those ideas and make a good decision.

The truth here is that you can never make money without you having plan. Money making needs deep thinkers before your money can grow. I always listen to elderly people advises and they all seems to carry that same one word which HD let me to know that indeed money making needs deep thinkers. It is easy to get money but it is easy to get rich.