The difference between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash

Sprite1950

This is something I really don't understand very well but can someone explain the difference between these two currencies. I notice that Noise.Cash pays in bitcoin cash and I am interested but I would have no idea how to spend it and I know at least one other person here who feels the same. Can someone who knows a lot about cryptocurrencies please explain how these two currencies differ as understanding this will help me to make a decision on whether to join.

Sammyesx

these two cryptocurrencies share many ingredients but are different. Bitcoin Cash comes from the same mill as Bitcoin. They share the same white paper, the same supply, same mining algorithm and even have the same reward system.

Both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash aim to be a worldwide accepted digital currency, but there are some important technical differences as both communities have differing views on their solution to scalability.
The Bitcoin (BTC) community strongly prioritise being censorship-resistant, decentralised, permissionless, and trustless. The Bitcoin Cash (BCH) community’s view is that consumer mass adoption of Bitcoin takes precedence over decentralisation.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
A little difference is among them, BCH is a hardfork of BTC, it was the first clear hardfork, there is a thread about it in Trendri - What is Bitcoin Cash
There is another thread too, which inform's about it's own hardfork Bitcoin Cash ABC.
Just earn your cryptocurrency, the biggest difference between them is the same like US Dollar and Canadian Dollar, both are dollar but both are different, similarly BCH (including ABD) is also different from BTC. And there are other cryptos too with the name Bitcoin or Cash added.

Carson20t

I have a general understanding of the similarities based on personal experience and at the end of it all I think btc should be the first option to use in transaction then Bch as an alternative.

I have also noticed is that the transaction fees in Bch are rather very manageable as compared to btc so meaning they are similar but btc is more powerful than Bch.The other point is the network speed is too slow for Bch as compared to btc I don't know if anyone has noticed despite us saying they are in the same blockchain.

But I think that it is a stable coin that is worth investing in.Though I just dont get the reason why the transactions on numerous occasions freeze?

Suba

Staff member
The main difference is in block size, Bitcoin is 1MB while Bitcoin Cash is 32 MB. Bitcoin Cash is capable of processing 100 transactions per second, while Bitcoin only processes 14 transactions per second. Because Bitcoin's block is smaller than Bitcoin cash and transactions are not as dense as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash transaction fees are much cheaper than Bitcoin.