The fate of the Health sector in my country.

Ummigal

Nigeria, a developing country is one of those countries where the health sector is paid very little attention. The government isn't helping matters at all. I, being a medical student myself, feel very bad when I visit hospitals for my clinicals. There's this particular hospital where the beds are round up to 50 and patients have to make do with and patients have to make do with mats. Imagine!!. Not to even talk of the very bad state as regards to hygiene in which the hospital is. When you walk into the hospital you think that it is it a hospital due to the lack of proper hygiene exhibited by both the patients and the workers. Intervention of the government has been short but yet nothing good is coming out of it. That is why I don't blame most of the doctors running away from the country to seek greener pastures. Recently Saudi Arabia even recruited some.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The Nigerian government is one of the most useless government in the world they are not really interested in the masses or what they are interested is to still money as a government worker and invested in the western country. I just believe that they will be a government in this country that will really cared for the people. Meanwhile I would like to connect with you.
Nigeria, a developing country is one of those countries where the health sector is paid very little attention. The government isn't helping matters at all. I, being a medical student myself, feel very bad when I visit hospitals for my clinicals. There's this particular hospital where the beds are round up to 50 and patients have to make do with and patients have to make do with mats. Imagine!!. Not to even talk of the very bad state as regards to hygiene in which the hospital is. When you walk into the hospital you think that it is it a hospital due to the lack of proper hygiene exhibited by both the patients and the workers. Intervention of the government has been short but yet nothing good is coming out of it. That is why I don't blame most of the doctors running away from the country to seek greener pastures. Recently Saudi Arabia even recruited some.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is so unfortunate for Nigeria. An hospital is one of those places that are supposed to have the best hygiene. The government should surely intervene and ensure that these hospitals are well taken care of. It is good that doctors can go to other countries to look for greener pastures. Maybe these movements will make the government serious about taking measures to correct this.

Carson20t

It is said that the state of the medical system is failing in Nigeria for lack of a better term. But mainly as the citizens and the medical practitioners you should take this as an opportunity to Liberate the medical system in Nigeria by escalating in providing the very services on the private level apart from relying on the government.

This will change the Doctor to patient ratio and increase access to quality health care services. Your government also must ensure that People embarking on such initiatives are supported by putting in place the direct policies aimed at the latter.