The food you eat is the most important factor in our health

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The food you eat is the most important factor in our health. There is a saying that you are what you eat – pardon me when I say that adage is wrong. I eat meat but that doesn’t mean I am an animal. For the vegetarians they don’t look like vegetables to me. Probably the correct way of saying it is your health is what you eat. I hope I am correct.

Vegetarians advocate their style of eating because for them meat is not good. But my question is this – are vegans free from hypertension, from high cholesterol level and from diabetes? Most likely the reason is not exactly their food but their lifestyle. For me, the food is the most important in life that we eat nutritious food like a balance of everything then that is the best – vegetables, fruits, fish and meat.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I totally agree with you. You don't have to be a full vegetarian in order to be healthy. Health comes from living a good lifestyle including eating healthy foods. Now healthy food can be any food including meat that is nutritious and does not contain unhealthy fats or too much salt that causes health problems. Even when trying to loose weight, it is not amust to stick to a strict vegetable diet or restrict yourself from eating enough food. Just eating healthy food, engaging in physical activity and fighting stress is enough.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes I agree with your point, it is always advisable for people to be a vegetarian because if you are vegetarians you will not actually need to select the type of food you will need for your body except in rare circumstances because fruit and vegetable is actually what is important to the body as the body is not really interested in so much processed food.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, obviously, our health is much dependent on what we eat. I do remember eating chips regularly and started feeling the effects of chips on my health after I ate them. It was the point I realised how important healthy food is for our health and how destructive unhealthy food is for our health. I do believe that I will make a perfect diet plan for my health and improve my health sooner.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Doctors can tell you that you are what you eat. Even when you are talking about lifestyle, it is still referring to eating and consumption. A person who is a vegetarian but takes alcohol is still possible to fall a victim of different diseases. So what we eat is what we experience. You can not be eating healthy food and be experiencing sickness.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You are what you eat. The food you eat makes your mind and body. If you eat too much meat, you are likely to become very aggressive. If you eat a lot of vegetarian foods, you are usually calm-headed. I am saying this from my personal experience. When you eat, you need to eat a variety of foods so that you get all nutrients and you remain fit and healthy.

Putta Vince

Yeah and in this pandemic , everyone is locked in home , so you get to eat very healthy , home made food which is important for good health. One should avoid eating junk foods and outside foods , as much as possible , though if it cant be ignored , one should perform regular workouts or at least visit gyms once in a week and maintain good health.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
You are what you eat. The food you eat makes your mind and body. If you eat too much meat, you are likely to become very aggressive. If you eat a lot of vegetarian foods, you are usually calm-headed. I am saying this from my personal experience. When you eat, you need to eat a variety of foods so that you get all nutrients and you remain fit and healthy.
The good eating habit that I have observed is the moderation. When you are not hungry anymore then stop eating. It is not a reason to eat more because the food on the table is very delicious. There are many diabetes in my relatives and those who have good health are those who eat in moderation.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Eating good food is a very important factor in helping us live a healthy life. Some individuals are ignorant about this and they end up eating junk food that does not add value to their body, thus making them to be vulnerability to different diseases that may present as a result.

Sammyesx

The kind of food we eat to a large extent directly influences our health, the more healthy food one eats the healthier you become, though vegetarian based on the kind of food they eat might not experience the health issue you listed but personally I believe they will not be as healthy as a person that takes a balanced diet.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Food is medicinal and s good way of getting nutrients In to the body so yeah it is way of nourishing the body. The popular saying of we look what we eat is really true. You show on your skin and other part of your body food you eat. So it is good to always eat good nutritious food

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
When you attain a particular age, meat is not advisable because it will just add to the body tissue necessarily that's why the vegans looks healthier . They are free from cholesterol related diseases and they look very fresh. Isn't it?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
When you attain a particular age, meat is not advisable because it will just add to the body tissue necessarily that's why the vegans looks healthier . They are free from cholesterol related diseases and they look very fresh. Isn't it? I just feel I can copy that act too but it's somehow difficult because I am addicted to eating meat alot. UnHealthy food portends calamity to the body

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Food is medicinal and s good way of getting nutrients In to the body so yeah it is way of nourishing the body. The popular saying of we look what we eat is really true. You show on your skin and other part of your body food you eat. So it is good to always eat good nutritious food
As the saying here is food is life is true because we will die if we do not eat. The kind of food that we eat makes us strong and it can also make us sick. That is the reason why parents and even grandparents are choosy with the food of the kids because they need more nutrients in their growing years.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The kind of food we eat makes us stay healthy and strong. Eating unhealthy foods makes our system to be weak and not function at its best to chase diseases away when they come to slow down our system causing more serious damage to our physical well-being. That's why we take what we eat as priority and eating at the right time.