The Implication of Gender Discrimination on Employees’ Performance

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Gender discrimination remains one of the most common problems experienced by employees in the workplace. As such, a number of studies have been performed regarding this issue. This study, however, proposes a new perspective of investigating the effect of gender discrimination on employees’ performance. Applying relevant theories and models to data collected from a sample of 46 male and female employees working at Chinese company, it was discovered that gender discrimination affected employees’ performance in the company.

Gender discrimination seems to have no effect on part-time workers’ performance; however, full-time women employees are more likely to experience gender discrimination.

Are women really inferior to men? even though they have gone through the long period of being silenced, they are slowly becoming more confident and ready to prove themselves. This is because they have already changed a lot from the housewives’ roles in the past.

We could see women driving a truck, tricycle, even fork lift machine. What else, we have seen some taking top managerial role in several organizations.
We have also seen men working as chief cook, nurse, nanny and more.

It seems nobody likes discrimination especially when they are found in the role they feel they fit in. Should humans have reasons to discriminate one gender from another in work places?

Last edited:
E

eldavis

Personally I feel dose who are still into gender discrimination are just ignorant, especially does who still discriminate women. Like you said the women have started coming out of their shells, today if you make some research, you would discover that alot of women have been able to produce good results even better than most men, they carry out certain jobs and cause they are mainly seen as inferior, they tend to put in their very best to put everyone around them wrong.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I actually hate the topic of gender equality because for me that is not only a discrimination to the female but also a discrimination on the male gender. It is ironic that women would always bandy the gender equality to drive home their point that women are not inferior. But when they feel weak they will solicit the help of the male. In our culture the woman is respected simply because it is considered the so called weaker sex. That means a man can abuse the woman so when an issue of harassment comes up the male is always the suspect. But in reality as there is gender equality so there should be no sexual harassment cases. If a man can do sexual harassment then the woman can also do the same. My opinion may not agree with some women's libbers but that is my take on the gender equality issue. We are equal so don't complain.