The Most Popular Blockchain Platforms

Mika

VIP Contributor
Bitcoin might be the most popular and the most valuable cryptocurrency, but it is not very popular when it comes to the creation of smart contracts, Dapps, or even tokens. Here are some of the most popular Blockchain Platforms

Ethereum: Undoubtedly Ethereum is the most popular and the most valuable Blockchain platform powering hundreds of thousands of smart contracts, Dapps, and tokens. Ethereum native token ETH is the second most valuable coin by market cap. Ethereum has a market dominance of 18.8 percent.

Polygon: Probably Polygon is the most popular blockchain platform after Ethereum. It was launched as Matic Network in 2017 and rebranded as Polygon in 2021. Polygon native currency Matic is priced at $1.63 and is 16th by market cap.

Solana: Native token of Solana is SOL, which is the 9th crypto coin by market cap. Since March 11, USDT, the largest stable coin by market cap, is on Solana Network. Solana offers faster transactions as well as has cheaper transaction costs, therefore, it is very popular among investors.

Polkadot: Polkadot is sometimes labeled as a blockchain of blockchains due to its unique architecture. Polkadot native currency is called Dot and is priced at $21.

Tron: Tron Blockchain’s native currency is called TRX and it has one of the fastest speed and cheap transaction costs on the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem.

BTC was never set up to be built on like Ethereum and the later PoS coins and networks that followed. I love all the ones mentioned and also Fantom and Avalanche. Harmony is good as well!.

Thanks for making this piece but I find one blockchain platform missing in the list of the blockchain Platforms that was posted. Nevertheless, you have made my day with this write up and I just keep reading it again and again. It is true that bitcoin is the most accepted cryptocurrency in history and its trajectory since it was created points to this fact. Despite the level of popularity of the BTC , the bitcoin blockchain is not as popular as the blockchains that you have carefully listed above. The ethereum was created to address the lingering issues of bitcoin. It was built on a SOLIDITY and that makes it the most used blockchain on the entire cryptocurrency space. It houes the smart contracts, Dapps and tokens . It was a fantastic technology that was embraced by all crypto enthusiast. The smart contracts alone have thousands of uses and it is been applied to solve various problems in all works of life. For instance, it was use to replace the theird party in crowdfunding. This is just one out of the millions of uses of the smart contracts.

Permit me to add Algorand to the list of the blockchain Platforms. Algorand uses the poS ( Proof-of-Stake) blockchain protocols

I know Ethereum, I have used Ethereum. I have heard of Polygon, Solana, Tron, Polkadot but never used these platforms and their native tokens. I hear that after Ethereum, Ploygon is the best blockchain platform. But I don't know whether this is true or not. Normally, I like to invest only in Bitcoin and Ethereum because these are the two most trusted crypto currencies. I also like BNB coin, BNB is the token of BNB Chain, which was recently formed by combining Binance Smart Chain and Binance Chain, BNB coin is the native token of BNB Chain, which is the blockchain platform from Binance Crypto exchange. Even the though Binance has been into a lot of controversies with the issues of not following the financial regularity in the countries where it operates, Binancr happens to be the biggest crypto company. Bnance holds and operates a lot of platforms, for example, Coin Market Cap is also owned Binance. Trust Wallet, a decentralized crypto wallet, was also created by Binance. I think BNB Chain has the potential to grow very big. IN fact it is already giving a stiff competition to Ethereum as the gas fees in BNB Chain is very low compared to Ethereum.