The Myths In SEO

Trillionphil

Some people follow the book accurately when it comes to SEO. However, you have to understand that there are common myths that may only be detrimental to the growth of your company. Some of the approaches that used to be effective before may no longer be useful today, since the market and search engine crawlers are smarter. Debunk some of the basic myths and make the necessary improvements in your site to boost sales for long.

Myth #1: SEO Involves Techniques That Fool Search Engines

Fooling search engines mean that you are also fooling human users. Real SEO techniques involve more than just optimizing content, using marketing schemes and getting additional links. A number of tactics can be used depending on the persons you are dealing with.

Some of the useful strategies that can be used for SEO to last a long time include benchmarks, competitive analysis, search marketing strategy, keyword analysis, web design, user experience, creative copy writing, server side issues, ongoing link building, code optimization, information architecture, ongoing content development, web analytics, other channel marketing affecting SEO and conversion analysis.

Myth #2: Search Engines Aren't Used That Much

Based on research, around 4.9 billion searches are done every month by 133 million unique searchers. Search engines have become one of the most common tools used for people to gain information. Majority of internet users rely on search engines to get to different web sites, pages and companies. Search engines lead you to different online businesses and shops where you can instantly shop and get more updates. You have to determine how much useful and relevant content is available in the market, then aim on becoming an authority in the industry.

Myth #3: SEO Doesn't Work Because You Do Not Have Many Visitors

Keep in mind that SEO doesn't promise instant and significant results. You have to use the different marketing tools and strategies together with the approaches and SEO to make everything work together. Experts recommend that you spend about 6 months after the implementation phase to evaluate the results of SEO.

You also have to ensure that your web site can back up all the methods you have incorporated. If your site is not easy to navigate, does not have sound and unique content and is not relevant to the people you are targeting, then your SEO efforts will be rendered useless.

Myth #4: SEO Happens Only Once

SEO takes time to develop and you need to evaluate and assess each approach to determine if it should be improved. Search engines view about 100 to 200 factors or signals to know its relevance as well as decide how to categorized search results. You have to give SEO constant attention because there are several other sites and pages that also promise unique content, entertaining media and other tools to entice the target market.

Always brainstorm on how you can further improve your techniques like integrating with other offline and online marketing, creating new content, building new links and refining your optimization approaches. If you have spent some time, money and effort creating the groundwork for your SEO, you have to ensure that operations continue to function and drive the right clients into your web site. SEO is not a one-time event. It needs checks and refinements every now and then.​

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree with the list of myths that you have stated above. Just for the record SEO is search engine optimization which means the website has the qualities that the search engine is looking for. First in the list of qualities is the original content that is freshly uploaded. That means you have to upload new contents as often as you can otherwise the search engine may not validate your site as a site with fresh contents. Original content means you wrote it and there was no portion that was copied from another site. Search engines are now strict with plagiarism that once your site is found with a copied content then your site's ranking in the search engine list will go down. If your site's link goes to page 2 of the search list then you may not be getting free traffic anymore.

cmoneyspinner

Myth #1: SEO Involves Techniques That Fool Search Engines
  • I heard that there are people who try to use techniques that fool the search engine. Is that true?

Myth #2: Search Engines Aren't Used That Much
  • I use a search engine every day, every time I am on the Internet. I use search engines so much my kids ask me to help them search for information. :)
Myth #3: SEO Doesn't Work Because You Do Not Have Many Visitors
  • It took me years to figure out why my sites did not get visitors. I didn't understand about keywords, meta tags, meta description, etc. All of those are important components of SEO.

Myth #4: SEO Happens Only Once
  • I wish! I wish I could just create quality SEO optimized content once and never have to look at it again. That's not a myth. It's a dream!! :)

Excellent post!