The need for a professional mentor!

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
As one tries to achieve his professional growth and attain a high level, it is always important to get a mentor who would freely encourage you to do the needful. One who will advise you from his own experience. You get to learn from his failures and then his successes would serve as a motivation to you so that you do not give up easily. When you remember that someone close to you has made it in that path, you will be encouraged to continue pushing with the hope that you are also going to make it.

A lot of people lack mentors who are willing to help them make the most appropriate decisions that would help them to achieve their goals that is why they give up easily when they are faced with a challenge.
What do you think?
Do you have a mentor?

eenya00

Having a mentor is not just important on achieving your layed out goals but it also to your Advantage as it helps facilitate you to achieve your goals sooner than expected. Having a mentor helps you in advoiding mistakes your mentor made in trying to get to his goals which would in turn save you a whole lot of time, resources ( which would have been wasted) and energy, because in most cases you already knows what works.
It also keeps you on your toes as you have someone you are accountable to, so you strive I achieving your set out plans.
Then finally the moral support is priceless, having someone to always communicate every step of your journey.

Kennysplash

Verified member
As one tries to achieve his professional growth and attain a high level, it is always important to get a mentor who would freely encourage you to do the needful. One who will advise you from his own experience. You get to learn from his failures and then his successes would serve as a motivation to you so that you do not give up easily. When you remember that someone close to you has made it in that path, you will be encouraged to continue pushing with the hope that you are also going to make it.

A lot of people lack mentors who are willing to help them make the most appropriate decisions that would help them to achieve their goals that is why they give up easily when they are faced with a challenge.
What do you think?
Do you have a mentor?
The need to have a mentor cannot be overemphasized. You need someone that can be putting you through what to do and what not to do, someone you can learn from his success and mistakes. There is a saying, always learn from the mistakes if others, you can't live long to make them all by yourself. You can learn first hand what works and what does not and there will be other experiences you can learn one or two things from. But sometimes a mentor can be very hard to come by, especially in certain fields. But even then you can go digital. You will see examples and experiences of people online.

Olajidey

Having a mentor is good and it will save you from trial and error, but they problem start with when you need a mentor no one will like to mentor for free, they will tell you how much they pay for the knowledge you want to received. that is why most of us really on youtube videos and google search because the only thing we can afford is data. with determination you will get there with lots of mistakes, up and down but if you have a mentor you will get there without much mistakes. So the need of professional mentor can not be over-emphasized.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Having a mentor is not just important on achieving your layed out goals but it also to your Advantage as it helps facilitate you to achieve your goals sooner than expected. Having a mentor helps you in advoiding mistakes your mentor made in trying to get to his goals which would in turn save you a whole lot of time, resources ( which would have been wasted) and energy, because in most cases you already knows what works.
It also keeps you on your toes as you have someone you are accountable to, so you strive I achieving your set out plans.
Then finally the moral support is priceless, having someone to always communicate every step of your journey.
I agree with you, most especially your take about accountability. That is what most young people lack that made them to drift from achieving their life's goals and they ended up becoming miserable people. When you are not having someone that is always ready to ensure he teaches you to stay on the right track, it would be easy to lose focus on things that really matter.

I have so many people who always encourage me and anytime I want to do something that would possible harm to my goals, I would remind myself of how disappointed those people would be when they find out, so I always try to exhibit good behavior. That's how mentorship shapes us.

Jonaville

The importance of mentors cannot be overemphasized. They are basically the lamp that guides our foot through the dark and rough part of life. They also give advise, and guides us on life's choices and actions.
I remember one I had in my early university school days. He had put me through everything about university life before I even became a student, so I already know what to expect, the challenges I might face and how to tackle and get rid of them. It is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me, till today I always thank him for his mentorship.
So having a very good mentor is necessary to navigate through life.

Mentors are like gods to us who are meant to train and guide us in our paths.

However, it is so bad that many students do not have a mentor.
They only follow their thoughts without consulting anybody.

This is indeed wrong. Instead of even consulting that your neighbour who may not like your wonderful plans, it's best to get a good mentor who is into that area that you seek to enter.

You can't have a nurse as a mentor when you want to be an engineer, it's wrong. Choose someone who understands what you want and has been there.