Finance The need to be financially educated!

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Financial literacy is a very important part of our information age today, but it is unfortunate that it is lacking and so a lot of us are still struggling to make ends need, working hard everyday but we are not making enough money as we are expecting to do. This is usually a result of being financially illiterate.
It is not our fault since the school system these days does not do much in that regards.
They only tell us to work hard and get good grades so we could get well paying jobs after graduation.
But reality dawns on us after graduation and we realize that the real world is not like that.

In this thread, I would love us to talk about the benefits of being financially literate.
Some of the benefits are:
--It helps you to not rely on the government. People who are financially literate always see opportunities they Could utilize to make money and not depend on the government.
--It helps you to better understand the right assets to invest your money in.
--It helps you differentiate between assets and liabilities and spend wisely.

What are the benefits of financial education that you know??

Sammyesx

The important of financial education cannot be overemphasized, it is a very important lesson everyone should learn if they intend to be wealthy, sometimes we see people taking about how they were at a particular time in their life financially stable or wealthy, but they are now a shadow of who they were due to lack of financial education.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
well we all need to work in a smartly if we really want to succeed ,sometimes it's not always because of the hard work we are doing, it is the ability for you to plan diligently organise everything,if you lack proper organisation and management in your life there is little possibility of success.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Financial education is very important for anyone who really wants to become wealthy in life. A lot of people who are wealthy today are have financially educated. Financial education is very important in the sense that people who does not have it will definitely suffer in life. Any business man who is financially educated will likely succeed in business because financial education.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Who should teach us financial breakthrough? The successful business owners out there and those people that have failed in their endeavor. Those are the only two sets that are capable of educating us financially. Teachers or Schools cannot do anything. They are only meant to put us through and not to teach us financial breakthrough.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Financial education is Paramount in everybody's lives, as it enables us to be prudent. Through that, we tend to have the knowledge of how to invest our money that will give or bring back dividends to us. Lack of financial education has made so many business to wreck and go down the drain. It's advisable to have financial education, before engaging in any business.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Financial literacy is a very important part of our information age today, but it is unfortunate that it is lacking and so a lot of us are still struggling to make ends need, working hard everyday but we are not making enough money as we are expecting to do. This is usually a result of being financially illiterate.
It is not our fault since the school system these days does not do much in that regards.
They only tell us to work hard and get good grades so we could get well paying jobs after graduation.
But reality dawns on us after graduation and we realize that the real world is not like that.

In this thread, I would love us to talk about the benefits of being financially literate.
--It helps you to not rely on the government. People who are financially literate always see opportunities they Could utilize to make money and not depend on the government.

I really like this your topics because,without been financial inclined it will be very difficult to succeed in doing business.
When one is financial sound he/she will be able to plan very well and execute the business so that more profit will comes out there.

Josemendez

Verified member
Having the desire to make money will not be sufficient for one to make success in his endeavors if the person lacks financial literacy because he needs to have a good knowledge of how to use his available money to get more money.
Many business fail because they do not have good Financial management knowledge.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be honest I learned about the proper handling of finances when I was already 2 years in my job. The debts were piling up in spite of my high salary. A friend said that I should be checking on my finances to control the spending. It is not easy to learn but I did learn in the hard way. Fortunately I was still young and things can be corrected.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Financial illiteracy is a bad tendency indeed, those who are not conversant with financial management aren't ready to take their business higher in life. We ought to be resilient always work so hard to curtail down the financial risk of our business. Possibly learn from expert financial risk management planner to help us manage risk taking when it comes investing on business.

chicnthin

I couldn't agree more to this! It's actually one of the reason why I decided to pursue a course related to finance. A lot people are illiterate when it comes to finance, hence they tend to make poor financial decision that will lead them to great debts.

AmaliaTG

I believe in working smart not hard, when you know the tactics to get money and how to spend and save money properly, you have officially attained financial literacy. For me I think we should teach this new generation after us how to be successful, we need to teach them how to be rich without depending o the government or school certificates. Teach your kids the importance of being a business man at a young age so that he will be independent early enough. It is our responsibility to change this society programming that no longer works for us. Yes kids will go to school, but also teach them how to get money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not think anyone will disagree on the need for financial education, however, I believe not everyone knows what exactly is financial education. Financial education means understanding what money and wealth it, how to make money and wealth, and how to make money and wealth work for you. You need to understand how money functions.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Financial education is indeed an important aspect of starting a business because knowledge is the base of building a successful business. You cannot become a professional accountant without learning financial accounting. If you do not have kniowledge, then use your skills. Learn from more people and try to at least understand the basics.