The only reason you must save.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Saving is keeping aside a sum of money for a particular reason. The reason may be speculative, transactions dy and even precautionary. The should be primary motive for saving. But it is not very uncommon now seeing some people keeping money to get rich. They check their account balance and they smile seeing the huge amount they have been able to save for several years. Some even go a long extent saving all these money without even having anything in particular to do with the money.
The primary motive for saving is to start something in the future, saving can never and will never make you rich. A working 100$ is better than 300$ in the bank.
So why are you really saving?

IamDozzy

It is very encouraging to save. Saving is an attitude that must be encouraged among the 21st century youths because most of them lack it. With your savings, you can start a business, go for vacation, go for more studies and lots more. Savings can also help one in times of emergencies. There are various online saving apps and a big example is Piggyvest. I want to encourage people to save more and spend less because it is very healthy to save.

Sammyesx

Very insightful, the purpose of saving should be to invest and make more profit, saving money just for the sake of saving is a not too okay, except one is saving the money to solve an important problem or for future projection. Though there are some people that are not too good at investing so they prefer savitheir money without doing anything with it, because investing comes with a level of risk which is present in saving.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Savings is an important aspect in anyone's life. Also, I would like to include that many people when they earn money whether be it a few bucks or more, they are really excited. And, then they tend to buy expensive things that are no longer beneficial to them but still they do. So, savings is also spending at the right thing in the other sense.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is very encouraging to save. Saving is an attitude that must be encouraged among the 21st century youths because most of them lack it. With your savings, you can start a business, go for vacation, go for more studies and lots more. Savings can also help one in times of emergencies. There are various online saving apps and a big example is Piggyvest. I want to encourage people to save more and spend less because it is very healthy to save.
I don't discourage saving. I am only saying the reason why we must save is for business or investment. But some save in order to get rich. Saving can never make us rich no matter how much or how long we save. Saving only makes us discipline and not make us rich. That's my submission.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My main reason for saving money is to have peace of mind and also to have a sort of feeling contented. When I have money in my piggy bank or in my bank account I don't mind the negatives that I see because my focus is on my wealth. It is funny that even $10 is big money to me and I consider it my wealth. I may be shallow but I am happier than most people that I know.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Personally I have a lot of reasons why I think I should save and even generally, there is a never ending list of reasons people need to save money. I never trivialize my savings and I always treat it with utmost value because I know the benefits I derive from it.

Without saying much here is an outline of some advantages which will serve as reasons why you must save.

✓ Uncertainties: You cannot predict the future or foretell what may happen later. Therefore, you must have money kept for emergency purposes.

✓ As a business person, your savings helps you to keep your business stable. Sometimes, you may be facing hard times financially and the only thing that will keep you afloat is your savings.

✓ Your savings is actually your net value or worth. Without any saving, you live as one without any worth and you may not be eligible for so many opportunities that can be available for people that save

Saving literally saves you.