The threats pregnancy poses in the workplace.

Ummigal

In some workplaces, Female employees suffer a lot when they fall pregnant. This impedes their ability to perform at work and some employers and even fellow employees do not take it lightly with them. Pregnant women are meant to be treated nice if not for anything but their ccondition. It certainly isn't a crime to fall pregnant. Their are workplaces that even sack their female employees when they get pregnant which is just so wicked and unfair. What happened to taking a pregnancy leave even if means deducting some amount from your monthly salary?

There's a woman who became heavily pregnant and her fellow employees started avoiding her. Personally I find it a pleasure to help pregnant women out in their workplace. The people who even labelled them as being lazy and say that pregnancy isn't much of her burden to carry as if they have ever been in their shoes.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't think it is proper to be discriminating against pregnant person. And I don't think this harmful practice is done in most complains. There are some companies that treat pregnant women like an egg. Though there will be vacuum created by these pregnant women because they won't be effective like before.

ash887

thats disgusting
im sure the pregnant lady can sue the company for discrimination.
ladies make sure to read the contract when signing up for a new job. Its important to look at maternity pay and benefits

D

Deleted member 51169

Last week I went to the bank to get my statement of account for another transaction. The accountant who was attending me was heavy with pregnancy. I was not comfortable at all especially when the woman stoop so low to pick a paper and her colleagues where there watching. My heart skipped and I was really pissed.

Pregnant women should be admire and given preferential treatment, this is my take.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I cannot say about the place you come from but in my home country, it is against the law to fire an employee because of pregnancy. The companies are required to give at least 8 weeks of paid pregnancy leave (which means they can stay at home for 8 weeks and still get paid)

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was a new employee I know that there was an unwritten rule to give priority to hiring single women because of the maternity leave. But times have changed in our culture that the pregnant women is like being preferred now that they are given 30 days of maternity leave before but now it is 60 days of paid vacation leave. That is a big advantage for the pregnant woman.