Things to do after retirement

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Retirement is always a time one needs to rest after one has laboured for some periods of time. Every worker always looking forward to this time of rest.

However, one needs to prepare adequately for this great moment. One needs to do all what one needs to do during the labor time to avoid regret during the retirement.

In addition, retiree always faced with some challenges after retirement, the challenges include weakness, lack of financial and vulnerability to diseases.

The following measures can be put in place to prevent the challenges that may be faced during retirement.

Involving in petty trade. For the fact that one has retire doesn't mean one should not engage in financial activities again. A retiree can still be doing some petty tasks that can be fetching him some cash.

Regular exercise, a retiree must be exercising his body regularly. He needs to be ding it on some interval to promote healthy living.

Vacation and site seeing. As a retiree, there should be some moments when one needs to be visiting some exciting places to catch fun

All these activites make retirement enjoyable and to have happy retirement

Briangsam

Retirement isn't a permanent vacation after all; it also can bring loneliness, boredom, feelings of uselessness, and disillusionment. If you are a younger retiree, and you have friends and family who are still working, it can also be very lonely, especially if you don't have a plan. So retirement requires planning. You can move somewhere new, travel the world, get a rewarding part-time job, give yourself time to adjust to a fixed income and exercise more.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Retirement isn't a permanent vacation after all; it also can bring loneliness, boredom, feelings of uselessness, and disillusionment. If you are a younger retiree, and you have friends and family who are still working, it can also be very lonely, especially if you don't have a plan. So retirement requires planning. You can move somewhere new, travel the world, get a rewarding part-time job, give yourself time to adjust to a fixed income and exercise more.
The situation you need to start doing the things you do love to do in your life when you were a youth, this is the time to enjoy life as much as possible by doing things that will make you happy and in this case you may not feel useless or lonely. I think this could help if you feel bad after retirement

btaliat

VIP Contributor
We share the same opinion. Some people do believe retirement age means age that doesn't require much work again. This is wrong, it is only the time to less work activities and let the body rest a little. So we need exercising, vacation and visitation couple with eating good foods that time except if the person is a young retiree.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It's always very important for people to plan for their retirement. Any worker should start saving for retirement because it's one of the wisest things to do. You can save to start a business after retirement because it shouldn't be seen as a state of total vacation from doing work or being productive.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is indeed a good question because that is what’s on my mind when I retired a few years back. What would I be doing at home? Now I can say that I am lucky to know technology. I can work online and I can make my own videos or even some fancy blogs to write. The hardest thing to do is nothing to do so I pity the retirees who has nothing to do every day.

IamDozzy

There are a lot of things to do after retirement. I for one would love traveling the world and visiting so many sacred sites such as Jerusalem, Mecca, Rome and lots more. I would also use my retirement period to try out foods I didn't have the opportunity to try during my active years this is simply because I am a foodie. I would also spend a lot of time with my children and grandchildren because that would give me a lot of joy during my retirement years.

Mellorando

Banned
I personally when I retire from work I will want to go for vacation two places I have never been before I also want to spend money on nutritious foods, visit tourist site, visit friends and family that lives abroad and also donate part of my money to charity and motherless children home

Queentener

After working for over 30 years, I think one deserves rest and staying home alone is not what I mean traveling to visit the children, spending quality time with loved ones and enjoying life should be what to do when one retires, because you have worked for years and deserve to relax and enjoy the remaining years of life.

Samuel72

Verified member
After retirement this is the right time for you to enjoy your money and also get a good rest, after retirement it's advisable for you to visit places you love and also spend time with your loved ones. most especially after retirement you need to get engaged with something that will keep you physically fit so you don't fall into illness.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Retirement is always a time one needs to rest after one has laboured for some periods of time. Every worker always looking forward to this time of rest.

However, one needs to prepare adequately for this great moment. One needs to do all what one needs to do during the labor time to avoid regret during the retirement.

In addition, retiree always faced with some challenges after retirement, the challenges include weakness, lack of financial and vulnerability to diseases.

The following measures can be put in place to prevent the challenges that may be faced during retirement.

Involving in petty trade. For the fact that one has retire doesn't mean one should not engage in financial activities again. A retiree can still be doing some petty tasks that can be fetching him some cash.

Regular exercise, a retiree must be exercising his body regularly. He needs to be ding it on some interval to promote healthy living.

Vacation and site seeing. As a retiree, there should be some moments when one needs to be visiting some exciting places to catch fun

All these activites make retirement enjoyable and to have happy retirement
I think things to do after retirement should have started before the retirement age.
A good plan must have been on ground even before the retirement because by the time one retire to now started to be doing something will somehow look heard.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Even though is a resting period after active service; there are a lot of things retirees can do in order to keep themselves busy and also bring money to solve their financial problems. A a retiree can start a kiosk business, he or she can be selling recharge cards and also doing POS business. Retirees can also venture into grocery business as it is very lucrative in some areas. There are several other businesses they can venture into.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Since it's my rest time after years of labor. I will take plenty of vacation. Attend a lot of concerts and take music class as volunteer. I will make time with my spouse and raise our grandkids well and in music. I will also do a lot of exercise to keep fit cos I definitely don't want to store fats that will kill me on time up. Life is too short for us not to enjoy it.