Three (3) Disadvantages Of Making Money Online.

Sikapa

Verified member
Since everything that has a good side also has a bad side, we can never say making money online only has a good side alone. This will be impossible to even say that because making money online has it own disadvantages too and before one start of making money online is better for the person to also think of the disadvantages too.

Not mentioning much of this, I'm going to list down only three important ones that is so common.

1. Get banned

One of the most dangerous disadvantages of making money online is been banned. This means no matter how much money that you have made is not going to be paid. For instance, you are making money on a Pay To Post site and let's say you have made $12 in your wallet which you have not yet cash out and maybe you made a mistake which goes against the rules of that Pay To Post site and you got banned. This means you are not going to get your $12 back.

2. Scam Sites.

Another disadvantages of making money online is falling into a scam website. You might not know which site is a legit and at times you can fall into a scam website where you will waste your precious time and money there. At the end you will realise that everything was fake.

3.Hacked Account.

Most at times some people can just hack you account or website that you used to make your money online. Mostly these bad people can enter into your wallet to withdraw all your money.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That is why it is very important for you to first of all read and understand all the rules and regulation of any online communities you are interested to Earn from first before you even start earning . If you do not read understand their rules and regulation you may not possibly be able to understand what they like and what you have to do.

Getting banned is always on paid to post website but this may not likely be possible on most other platform except you have bluntly committed a serious offence that goes strictly against the rule and regulation of that community.

Personally in any site I am interested to make money with I just have to make sure I follow up what they need because that is what will help you and that is also what will be the guiding principle of things you have to do and things you do not have to do because most of the things they ask you not to do are things that could bring down the quality of their website.

It all depends on platforms , there are some platform that even if you follow most of thier rule they will still banned you.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The first thing you need to do before starting to perform any task around any rewarding us; reading through the site FAQ to understand it's rules, so you wouldn't fall prey anytime in the future. Like trendri PTP doesn't like members doing copy and paste work, it will get you forfeiting your earnings, because it is dangerous in it's AdSense earnings. When you discover this kind of scenario, you shouldn't engage in plagiarism or doing other sort of copy and paste in the forum. Another is that, you should ask questions about the site, to know how the site runs, if it is running legitimately or fraudulent. Lots of reviews will give you insights about that, everything isn't about paid reviews from the owner. Because when someone experience scam via a particular income site, he or she will definitely write a negative review about the site just like I do. I don't like my feelings when I get scammed from s website that stated earnings to its members per their hardwork and tasks completion. We have platforms like Trust-pilot, scamadviser, whois.com etc, where we can get as many reviews we need about an earning site that got lots of users, and also share your experience too with the site if you're a user.

Last edited by a moderator:

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that everything that has advantages must have disadvantages. So making money as good as it is also has its own disadvantages which may include the following.

It has strong effect on physical posture. Most online making schemes require the users to sit for a while and fixes eyes on the phone or even laptop screen. If someone is not careful, there is tendency of having bad posture with this. Some even have bad eye defects.

Psychologically, making money online still have some effects. But this is not so on some websites especially on paid to post websites that do not require your capital. Websites that require starting capital is culpable of making users have some psychological problems especially if the losses continue for a very long period of time.

People may be lazy if all what they do is to make money online. Most online works except some freelancing websites don't really require someone to be monitoring you. So a user may decide not to post on paid to post website for as long as he wishes. This may not be so on offline businesses that will require someone to be checking the person's activities.

In essence, since we know everything has its good and bad side but we need to focus more on the good sides to be a motivator to us.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Well, everything that have an advantage also have a disadvantage.
Making money online has really attracted the attention of a lot of people all over the world because of the fact that you can make money sitting and the comfort of your home or your office.

It is always very important for anyone that wants to depend on online income to have multiple streams of income because something that is working today may actually stop to work tomorrow and the same thing can actually be the case offline.

Affiliate marketing for example is very saturated in the sense that even if you have established yourself, it can actually stop to give you the kind of result it used to. I always advise people to have multiple streams of income and many platforms in which they are working for if you really want to depend on online income.

I have come across someone whose Fiverr account was banned with a lot of money on it. This is one of the major disadvantages of working on the internet because if you're not really careful your labour may actually go in vain.

One of the recommendations is that it is always important that you read the terms and conditions of every platform before signing up.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Getting banned is not a disadvantage. You don't get banned without committing grave crimes. If you check Trendri, you will see a lot of people are banned, when you check why they were banned you will find that most of these people violated the Trendri rules like plagiarism, creating multiple accounts, etc. No site is going to ban you for your small mistakes. For instance, if you posted in wrong category, which is against trendri rule, you don't get banned, you will be penalized though.
Getting scammed is surely one of the major advantages of working and making money online. Sometimes you end up working on a site that does not pay the users. This is the biggest challenge of working online. However, this can be also avoided when you do a lot of research before joining any earning site.
Getting hacked is also a disadvantage. Your online wallet can be hacked, your earning site account can be hacked. Your website can be hacked, your web hosting account can be hacked, your crypto wallet can be hacked. However, this can be easily avoided by securing your accounts through 2 factor authentication, using a strong password, never logging into your accounts through a public computer, etc.

E

eldavis

Very true, this is why most people would advice you always make sure you have other sources of making money besides making money online. It's better to have offline investments as well if possible. I remember when I was banned on a forum some time back, my earnings I placed on withdrawal was not even paid, I was really pained, it was like all my efforts where of no use.
I have also come across so many scam sites before, the annoying part is that most times you might not be able to tell it's a scam or not at the early stage.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The fact of getting scammed on a particular website has been one of the major factor that have met people who will initially motivated and poised to Ward the act of making money online not to be interested any longer . It is understandable that there are various scam websites and fraudulent platforms in the internet and because majority of individuals and online hustlers have become subjects and victims to this various online scammers and fraudsters their love for making money online has drastically reduced or is no longer there . Fear of being scammed is considered to be one of the disadvantages of making money online .

Another disadvantage you haven't mentioned about the act of making money online is that it sometimes restrict an individuals activities and practices with the outside world . Especially for individuals who love making money online by staying at home or who love making money by stain in the comfort of their various humble abode free from interaction and communication with individuals which may include their friends , families , and relatives . It is important that we understand that lack of communication and interaction with individuals can affect us emotionally and mentally . That is why it is advisable that while working online at home you should also create time to perform other activities like visiting friends and eating out with colleagues , or better still take your online work and job to a cafe or park where you can meet friends and make new friends .

Dallyrasky

Let me add this, also if the app/website you are using for your business changes algorithm/features,you will have to start to from square zero, looking for another alteenatives
For examples when google changes their algorithm,thier search feature changes and slot of website got deranged from the top page.
This is why you should keep up with the app you are using for your business for any information on any changes they want to make to adapt quickly and look for alternative
Thank you

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Getting banned is not a disadvantage. You don't get banned without committing grave crimes. If you check Trendri, you will see a lot of people are banned, when you check why they were banned you will find that most of these people violated the Trendri rules like plagiarism, creating multiple accounts, etc. No site is going to ban you for your small mistakes. For instance, if you posted in wrong category, which is against trendri rule, you don't get banned, you will be penalized though.
Getting scammed is surely one of the major advantages of working and making money online. Sometimes you end up working on a site that does not pay the users. This is the biggest challenge of working online. However, this can be also avoided when you do a lot of research before joining any earning site.
Getting hacked is also a disadvantage. Your online wallet can be hacked, your earning site account can be hacked. Your website can be hacked, your web hosting account can be hacked, your crypto wallet can be hacked. However, this can be easily avoided by securing your accounts through 2 factor authentication, using a strong password, never logging into your accounts through a public computer, etc.
You are actually very right on this. Getting banned on platforms sometimes may not be a disadvantage but in the case whereby someone I know, his Fiverr account was blocked, I think that one is a disadvantage because according to what he said he did not really violate any terms and conditions. I don't really know what happened that made them to ban his account because he was actually doing well and getting a lot of reviews on the services he's rendering.

In everything, it is always very much important that people try as much as possible to read the terms and conditions of the website properly before signing up an account in order not to regret on the long run because it does not make sense for you to suffer and make money and you get banned or restricted.

Another major disadvantage your highlighted is that your account can actually be hacked. This is true because there are sometimes when we hear of people's cryptocurrency wallets being hacked by malicious people. That is a major disadvantage because it doesn't make sense for you to make a lot of money on cryptocurrency and your account get hacked. It is always very important for people to use two-factor authentification or use hardware wallet.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The truth is that no matter how good a thing can be it will always have it bad sides and that's it. The good thing is that the good will always outweigh the bad. Like working online comes with it's pros , then the cons will surface as well. For me one disadvantage of me working online is lack of interaction. Working online doesn't allow one have social interaction with the next person like how it happens offline. I know how many good friends I have met in the course of me working offline
Secondly, working online takes self discipline to make good money. if you are one that can easily be distracted you might not make good money at the end of the day. like posting on sites you might not even post up to 5 posts that something might just pop up to distract you and before you know it, you must have left what would put money in your pocket to a pleasurable hing that will not being money.

All the same I still love to work online since it can be done anywhere.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am a sort of person who thinks that there are no "disadvantages" of making money online. In fact, I have always believed that making money online is a far much better option as compared to get a day job due to various reasons. I shall discuss about the points which were made by the original poster. Let's talk about hacking. Hacking is something I have never experienced. I work on a couple of sites and my account was never hacked. As far as getting banned is concerned, you may get banned if you violate the rules and regulations of the website. So you must be careful about following all the rules. Many people usually violate the rule and then complain about getting banned.

When the fact of the matter is that majority of the time, it is their own fault. As far as scams are concerned, you must know that scams even exist in the offline world. So, this is a kind of disadvantage that is not only associated with Internet. You must be careful about not getting scammed. in fact, I must say that saving yourself from offline scams is much trickier as compared to online scams. So, there are not any real disadvantage of making money online.

Ayeshabashir

As we know that everything has its pros or cons .So, before joining any way to earn money whether online or offline we must read the advantages or disadvantage .And if we talking about the cons of online work then by doing online work there are more chances of hacking your debit or credit card .If you share personal information or credit card information unfortunately on scamming websites then it means they will easily access your bank account and steal your all money.But this is all all happened just because of your carelessness ,unawareness or due to lack of knowledge. And the second cons that you may be face by doing online work is banned that I had also face many times .Your account will banned only when you will not follow the rules and regulations of the forum .And when you do anything against the rules and regulations of the forum then you will banned .And if I am talking about me then it is the only con that I faced during online work. .And from my perspective the only solution of these cons is that before doing anything we must take suggestions from our senior members and also try to collect information, knowledge and experience how we will able to do work online with properly

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I know you can easily get banned by posting content on paid to post platform but that shouldn't really be the reason why you shouldn't consider making money online because first of all before you can start making money on any platform, you must first of all read and understand the rules and regulation of the online community you are interested to post content so that you understand the type of content they are interested and those they are not.

A lot of people are always fun of making the mistake of posting on earning platforms without even taking their time to really understand what is the rules of the platform , and at the end of the day they could violate the rules and could be banned.

Trendri is among one of the most favourite paid to post platform of so many people, because of the admins simplicity and it is even much more easier because anything you have done wrong will be made known to you and sometimes they might charge you for that.

This is always the best because it will help you to really understand how to follow the rules and regulation of such online community perfectly , not for them to just ban you just like that .

Holicent

VIP Contributor
With the rise of the internet, a lot of people are finding it easier to make money online. It's not like having a traditional job where you can only work at certain times of the day or in certain places. You can make money online whenever and wherever you want as long as you have an internet connection.

However, there are some disadvantages of making money online:

1. You have to be very careful when choosing a site to work for. There are many scams out there that will steal your personal information and use it for their own gain.

2. It takes time and effort to build up an income stream from scratch so if you're looking for quick cash then this might not be your best option.

3. Some sites require you pay them upfront before they'll let you use their service which could cost anywhere from $10-$50 depending on what type of service it is (e.g., typing jobs vs graphic design gigs). This isn't ideal if your budget doesn't allow for such expenditures right now as well since some sites don't offer refunds after signing up with them either!

4. There's no guarantee that any given site will be successful - even if they do have clients waiting in line just waiting to hire someone like yourself.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Making money online is undoubtedly very interesting especially if you have a particular website that is considered to be flexible , legit , and most importantly highly paying . But despite the fact that making money online is very interesting it sure has disadvantages this is because anything positive and rewarding sure have a bad side . Nothing is totally perfect in the world because anything with advantages definitely have disadvantages even life itself which is considered as the number one asset of mankind also have disadvantages . One disadvantage of making money online is the fact that majority of people have quit their offline job just to make money online this is possibly acceptable because technology and modernization is slowly taking over the business and financial world and so been acquainted with technology by using it to make money online is totally acceptable but what is not acceptable is that majority people spend a lot of their time online making money from it thereby restricting or terminating their interaction with the outside world and also with their environment .

To make it more was majority of people do not even sleep at night just because they want to hit a particular income tax online . We all know the fact and the health result of not sleeping possibly at night .

Abigael

Valued Contributor
These are truly the most serious demerits that you can face while making money online. Which can make the earning journey to be so tough. Many people even give up on online earning after a while of facing them. Especially if you get scammed when you are still a newbie. This is what leads so many people to concluding that all online earning methods are scams.

The issue of accounts being hacked is so serious as your hard earned money could be stolen. This mostly affects those who engage in cryptocurrency and forex trading. It can also affect the site you are working in hence you loose an earning method.

Being banned is so common in online earning. Most of the site admins are so serious because they depend on the quality of the site in order to earn. So if you don't follow their rules, they will ban you. That is why it is always very wise to take time and study their rules so that you stick to them.

Another disadvantage of making money online is that some sites stop paying after a while. It is not just because they are scam, sometimes they face issues too and decide to stop paying. It mostly happens so abruptly and it leaves you not knowing what to do anymore.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Newbies will have disadvantage, they have to become old to get into shape of online earning, they need friends.

On the banning disadvantage -
In one site I was banned twice, but my friends convinced the Admins that I did not violated any rule and ban was not justified. Admin too did not find any reason to justify the ban, so reinstated my account with all money it has.
You also need good point for yourself, if site is good, then your friends will speak for you.

On Scam sites
Better to leave and stop wasting your time there, whatever effort you wasted there isn't coming back to you, so just move on and use your time in paying sites.

On Hacked Accounts

Again, your friends have to convince the asking to change password for you (in case email is hacked, then email too). But you have to be quick to report before the hacker withdraw from your account.