Time frame

Jack Reacher

Verified member
For beginners D1 and H4 is the best. Lower time frame is very much volatile. Yes you will get the result quick. But for trading psychology plays the important role. Higher time frame helps more to build a good trading psychology. In lower time frame you tend to do over analysis and overtrade which are bad for trading. I am trading forex at Eurotrader. They have advanced educational resources. I also like their free instant withdrawal without any hassle.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
What you mentioned up there is swing trading, I don't think there's a best timeframe in FX, any time frame that makes you money will be your best.

I do believe that there's a lot of noise on the lower time frame but what if they style of the trader, will we size them up the same way.

The most important thing in trading is learning how to read the chart, spend sometime doing it, it is really worth it and you'll live reap it's benefit.

This includes learning to read the chart without any technical indicator, after that you will be able to trade any timeframe

D

DnWayne

Which time frames to use will depend on which kind of trader you are. A scalper may use 1Hour to 1 min, an Intray-day trader may use daily to 15 mins Charts and Swing trader may use Monthly to 4 Hour Charts for both entries and exit strategies. Note to find good trade set-ups apply Top-Down analysis.

Fejizzzz

Which time frames to use will depend on which kind of trader you are. A scalper may use 1Hour to 1 min, an Intray-day trader may use daily to 15 mins Charts and Swing trader may use Monthly to 4 Hour Charts for both entries and exit strategies. Note to find good trade set-ups apply Top-Down analysis.
Yes you are correct as a scalper i use H1 chart and H4 for my checking and balancing. It works really well

Setho

VIP Contributor
Time frames are very important when it comes to trading Forex because it actually tells you the price action that has been happening for that particular candlestick over a period of time. Whenever you are wanting to create a position it is very important to ensure that your idea has been validated in all the time frames . This is because somebody might be bullish on the lower time frame but then when you zoom out to the higher time frames, then you might be discovering that you are nearing a weekly supply which might not really be a good thing to be bullish.