Tips for Logo Designers

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are starting a career in logo designing, these tips might help you

Build Skills in Graphic Designing Tools

Logo Generator: There are a lot of logo generators. Using these logo generators makes your work easy and quick. I

Drag and Drop tools: Using drag and drop graphic designing tool like Canva to create logo also eases your work.

Graphic designing software: Build skills in graphic designing software like photoshop, corel draw, Indesign, illustrator, etc.

Understand Different Shapes and Their Meaning

You can create logos in different shapes but do you actually what these shapes actually interpret?

Triangles: These shapes are generally associated with power, science, and law

Circles: Circles show positive and emotional messages. Ovals and ellipses are also included in this category.

Square: Squares and also rectangles represent stability and balance.

Understand the Colors

There are three purposes of using colors on your design, one, aesthetic value, two, psychological meaning, and three, making it in-line with the brand’s color theme.

1. Think first about what you need your logo to say.
A logo is a visual representation of your company's brand and identity. Before starting the design process, take some time to think about what kind of message you want your logo to convey. Do you want it to reflect your company's personality? Or would you rather communicate your products or services visually? Are there any specific colors or shapes that represent your company well?

2. Make sure it's scalable and versatile enough for all media formats.
The days of one-size-fits-all logos are over, at least if you want to stand out from the crowd. A good logo should be flexible enough to work across many different applications, from print ads and business cards to website banners and mobile app icons. It should also be able to scale up or down without losing its integrity — a big problem with most logos created in Microsoft Paint! Keep these factors in mind when designing your logo so that it can play nicely with other elements on any given page or device screen size without any problems (and without looking pixelated).

3. Use simple shapes in combination with simple fonts for maximum impact (and readability).

I am not a logo designer or even a graphic designer, therefore, I am not in a position to give advice and tips on logo designing. However, I am going to share my opinion on what kind of logo you should design (based on the customer's perspective). When I decided to launch my youtube channel and blog, I wanted a logo for my channel and website. I hired a logo designer (someone recommended to me by a friend). However, I did not like the logos. I went to the logo generator tool and generate a logo that matched my industry and niche and I showed it to the designer. The logo designer did not offer any new concept, his logo was more or less similar to the logo I generated through an online tool. If you are not offering a fresh perspective on your design, you cannot impress your clients.