Tips for Traffic Retention on Your Website

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
A good idea is to interlink your posts. Google just loves inter linking. You have the opportunity of interlinking your posts together and using key phrases rich anchor text. This simply refers to any text which can be clicked on and links to another page on your website. This will encourage your readers to check the linked post, allowing your readers to spend so more time on the site.

Make a list of your posts based on the category like “Most Viewed Posts,” “Most Commented Posts,” “Trending Posts,”etc. List like these will also provide the possibility for your readers to click through further on your blog. Using this method will also make it possible to highlight your classic posts. Readers love to read and love to share.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Yeah definitely interlinking your post is one of the best ways in which you can get a lot of traffic to your website and also retain them. I recommend anyone that really wants to retain traffic on his website to create quality posts and interlinke them and you can also do give away is because people love it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have a website, I care bout traffic retention. It does not matter much how many visitors get to your website in terms of revenue generation, what ultimately matters is how many people are staying on your site for a longer period. If people remain on your site for a longer time, it will reduce your bounce rate.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think that makes sense to have a sort of a menu for a category of your pages like what you mentioned about most viewed posts. For sure those readers who are interested in your niche would check on the link that you provided for the other pages which may be substantial and interesting to them. A good website must have that sort of menu.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When your website is easy to navigate, traffic retention is easy. Research shows when visitors can easily navigate around your site, they tend to spend a longer time on your site. You can do this by having a category menu on the header, archive page, trending posts, the search bar on the header, etc.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you have well organized menu on the header and if your posts are categorized according to the topic, you will be able to retain traffic because visitors can easily find what they were looking for. You also need to add archive section that allows visitors to search for old posts according to the date

Mika

VIP Contributor
That's correct. You need to remember a couple of things such as making your site easy to navigate, using white background if your site is a content site, using a few ads so that visitors do not feel frustrated, etc. Your website also needs to use a clean design by dividing content categorically

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
The important thing to consider when you want to retain traffic on your website is by having a great website design. That's because the first impression matters. When you are able to impress the visitor with your design, you need to consider about how you can make them stay longer. When people visit your website, they are basically coming for your content. Therefore, you need content that will impress the visitors. The content should be interesting and useful to the visitors. Your content need to give value to the visitors by giving information, useful tips, and advice. The website also needs o be userfriendly.

D

Deleted member 13140

i find interlinking as a good idea and it's a very good idea, i use to do that on Quora, I would answer a question and then link back to other questions which was relevant to the question I answered, it always helped me get more views and more likes and followers, not that it's the metrics.

so yeah it helps to retain traffic, It's even done on YouTube, why do you think YouTube included Cards, it's just so every user can have a traffic retention opportunity.