Top 3 Business and Money Quotes of All Time: What’s Your Favourite Finance Quote?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Great quotes will inspire you, motivate you, improve you, and encourage you. Here are some great quotes about business, investment, finance and money.

Who doesn’t know Gulliver’s Travel? Here’s the great quote, my all-time favorite quote from Jonathan Swift, author of Gulliver’s Travel and many other books.

A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.

Franklin D. Roosevelt was the President of the United States during the Second World War. He has said something great about money that I believe no one will disagree.

Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.

Robert Kiyosaki, the author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad, is a popular investment and finance guru of modern time. He has said,

It's not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.

Now, you can share your favorite business, investment, finance and money quote of all time.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I so like this third quote if yours. It is all about our lagacy at the end of the day. Money made should outlived you. You don't need to finish everything you need to finish in your generation let others coming after you know that you once lived a responsibile life. Make money everyday.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I got many inspirational quotes from great finance/business icons, yet my favourite always remains Kautilya (Chanakya) and his work Arthashastra. There are so many quotes, on business/money I hard to find which one I should call favourite. But the tips are helpful even now, thousands of years later from his time.

Setho

VIP Contributor
"Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants" . I found this particular post very helpful for people who are just starting out in their investment business because it is very important that in the beginning you should not to control your finances. You should not also be too quick to spend your profits and instead try to lower your wants.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I got many inspirational quotes from great finance/business icons, yet my favourite always remains Kautilya (Chanakya) and his work Arthashastra. There are so many quotes, on business/money I hard to find which one I should call favourite. But the tips are helpful even now, thousands of years later from his time.
Even though I don't remember Chanakya's economic theories, I do remember watching Chanakya's TV series. This is one of my favorite Hindi TV series. Chanakya is believed to be one of the greatest economists and politicians of ancient India. His attempt to drive away foreign force from the Indian subcontinent is commendable.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Even though I don't remember Chanakya's economic theories, I do remember watching Chanakya's TV series. This is one of my favorite Hindi TV series. Chanakya is believed to be one of the greatest economists and politicians of ancient India. His attempt to drive away foreign force from the Indian subcontinent is commendable.
All the popular dialogue of the serial were actually from Arthashastra (Chanakya's work). Since ancient times, not a single thing is actually changed, how wisely he wrote and confirmed, even through 2 millennium had passed. However many people are now posting stupid things with chankya's image that is not mentioned in Arthashastra.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am not much for the quotes because I don't fancy reading finance books. But there is one quotation that is always on my mind although I forgot who said about the dollar that is saved is a dollar that is earned. When I was in grade school that quote had served as my guide to keep the extra coin for the weekend. After a month the coins were substantial already.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have read Robert Kiyosaki and I really liked the quote you have shared here. It really does not how much money you are earning, what actually matters is what you are doing with your money. If you earn $1000 and spend all and if you ear $500 and still manage to save $50, the second one is better way to handle money

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
All the three that you have mentioned is really interesting, they are inspirational quotes that we all need to understand and if you put them into practice it is possible that this can help us on how we can handle certain issues in life to bring out success. What have learnt from this thing is that money management skill is very important in the life of successful people.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
True indeed, money management skills is the most important skill you need to acquire in life. If you can't manage money properly, you will end up living a miserable life. However, just like Jonathan Swift said, you need to think about money all the time, but you should not feel money all the time