Top 5 Free Blogging Platforms and Website Builders

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to build a website or blog but have no intentions of spending money, you can try some of the following free blogging platforms and website builders.

About.me: If you want one-page website, About.me is for you. You can create a portfolio website or publish your resume.

Wordpress: This is one of the most versatile free blogging platforms. They allow you to share Amazon ads but excessive advertising will ban you.

Blogspot: The best blogging platforms for those who want to make money from their free blogs. You can run adsense, amazon, and infolink ads.

Wix: One of the most popular website builders that can be used to create any kind of websites. But the free version does not allow you to run ads.

Weebly: Monetization is not possible but weebly is easy to use website builder to create a blog or business website.

AfriPeeps Official

Of all the free website builders, I prefer WordPress because of the versatile plugins available for everyone for free, you can easily build almost any type of website you want to build.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My 3 blogs are in Blogspot and I only started those blogs for fun. When Adsense came along it made me earn $100 every year for my minimal posts on my blog. Now those blogs are inactive because I have lost motivation due to the changed policy of Adsense. I am still trying to muster enough motivation to reactivate my blogs.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I use wordpress not as a blogging platform but as a content management system (I installed wordpress on my servers and created a self hosted website) By using wordpress as a content management system, you are also using it as a blogging platform. It is easy to use, that's why I chose wordpress.

D

Deleted member 13140

Very nice, I haven't really started blogging, but no way I won't. And from what I've learnt and researched, Blogger is really limited, I guess it's only for beginners who want to understand blogging before going in really well. But It's also a problem because in other to transfer your blog to WordPress which I believe it's the best blog building platform, it very difficult.

Though I've actually seen full time blogger using blogger, so it's not so bad, haven't really seen anyone using the other mentioned website builders but am sure they're good

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Very nice, I haven't really started blogging, but no way I won't. And from what I've learnt and researched, Blogger is really limited, I guess it's only for beginners who want to understand blogging before going in really well. But It's also a problem because in other to transfer your blog to WordPress which I believe it's the best blog building platform, it very difficult.

Though I've actually seen full time blogger using blogger, so it's not so bad, haven't really seen anyone using the other mentioned website builders but am sure they're good
Since we are talking about free blogging platforms, you cannot label blogger as being limited. All of the free blogging platfoms and website builders have limited. Even Wordpress, which is a versatile content management system, has limitation if you use it as a fee blogging platform. Blogger is the only platform where you can make money without paying for domain and hosting.

D

Deleted member 13140

Since we are talking about free blogging platforms, you cannot label blogger as being limited. All of the free blogging platfoms and website builders have limited. Even Wordpress, which is a versatile content management system, has limitation if you use it as a fee blogging platform. Blogger is the only platform where you can make money without paying for domain and hosting.
Yeah yeah, but am only saying this because if you decide to use blogger instead of WordPress free features, you will experience alot of difficulty when you have enough money to start using WordPress.
I saw this on Reddit, someone was complaining that he couldn't really transfer his sire to WordPress, he experienced difficulty and honestly for me I really don't want to go through that

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you have money, the best option is to use wordpress content management system. However, if you do not want to spend money the best option is blogger. Well, wordpress free blog can be better than blogger based on usability and overall look, but hey can ban you just for using amazon ads.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I will always choose what friends because of its simplicity. WordPress is new user friendly and it doesn't take so much before you can set up a website using the software. It also make publishing of content pretty much easier is there a lot of plugins that work with WordPress. I make use of WordPress on my two websites.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
The best think about blogger is you can move your site to wordpress without spending a dime. Let say you started blogging on blogspot and you started making money, and how you want to switch to wordpress CMS. You can do that with a use of plugin that will import your all content.