Traditional payment gateway vs crypto payment gateway

shirleencomer

If given an option between the two, then which would you choose for making payments and also for accepting payments. And for those who are already accepting crypto, which payment gateway would you suggest to a person who runs a small ecommerce business.

Genesiology

Payments are one of the primary reasons why crypto was developed. Won't be wrong to say that the motive behind crypto's existence is the idea to make payments simpler and transparent. So, I would definitely be glad to pay with it or receive it.

Macrobian

Crypto is becoming quite popular as a means of payment but for me, the preferred payment method is still fiat. However, it also depends on the kind of cryptocurrencies I can pay in. I won't spend my Bitcoins and Ethereum on making payments but I won't mind paying in stable coins.

Canzone

Answering the first part of your question as a merchant, I think it’s safe to be open to both fiat and crypto payments right now.

And about the payment gateways, I have been using Capital Wallet in my online store. But to help you out with picking a gateway for yourself, it's very important that you know which cryptocurrencies you want to accept. and how much are you comfortable paying as fees.

shirleencomer

Crypto is becoming quite popular as a means of payment but for me, the preferred payment method is still fiat. However, it also depends on the kind of cryptocurrencies I can pay in. I won't spend my Bitcoins and Ethereum on making payments but I won't mind paying in stable coins.
Seems like you don't want to get burned like the pizza bitcoin guy Laszlo who sold 10,000 btc on 1 pizza, haha. Jokes apart, to ensure bitcoin's stability, circulation is important. Volatility is caused when there's a huge gap between the demand and supply.

shirleencomer

Answering the first part of your question as a merchant, I think it’s safe to be open to both fiat and crypto payments right now.

And about the payment gateways, I have been using Capital Wallet in my online store. But to help you out with picking a gateway for yourself, it's very important that you know which cryptocurrencies you want to accept. and how much are you comfortable paying as fees.
Around 1% would be better as fees and the cryptocurrencies that I’m going to accept are: btc, ltc, shiba Inu and eth.
How much are you paying and accepting which coins?

Canzone

Around 1% would be better as fees and the cryptocurrencies that I’m going to accept are: btc, ltc, shiba Inu and eth.
How much are you paying and accepting which coins?
I am being charged 0.5% for each transaction. And the cryptocurrencies that I offer for payments are BTC, WBTC, ETH, LTC, DOGE and DOT. SHIB is also available but I am not accepting it.