Travel only when there is excess money

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Some families have the habit of traveling during summer. We also do that because life is to be enjoyed. However, we only travel when there is a budget and that budget was the excess money that we had saved for the year. When there is no budget then we do no travel. In 2017 we had a lot of expenses that we did not have a budget for our travels so we were not able to travel even once in 2018. But in 2019 we had 3 travels. And for 2020 it was again zero travel not because of the budget but due to the restrictions. Maybe if the covid leaves us this year then we can travel again by summer time.

Donkiz

Traveling is good if you can afford it, but it's not enough reason to overstretch oneself and pocket for it, some people have formed it as habit to always travel like twice or thrice every year, which to me is actually not necessary. When I talk about traveling I don't mean traveling for business purposes, I mean frivolous traveling for sightseeing, change of environment, etc which does not bring any returns back to the pocket. It's always important not to burn one's savings in the name of having fun.

Aniwhyte

Travelling is really great with wonderful memories when one could afford it without over stretching his or her pockets. Traveling with family and friends is the most beautiful thing most especially going for a vacation, tour, etc seeing new things and going to New places. Although I had never travelled out of my country Nigeria ?? but I'm really hoping to someday in the future, as I would really loved to travel to several Africa countries, my top 3 target are South Africa, Sierra Leone and Madagascar. I would also loved to travel to several countries in Europe and if God willing the United States of America ??

chicnthin

My parents and I barely travel due to our budget always being limited. Even though we wanted to go out and travel, we'd rather stay home than take a loan somewhere just to have a nice vacation. Because after than we would be thinking where we can get the money to pay the loan back, the travel would not be worth of our money problems.

So, yes, you are right. We should only travel when there's an extra money or we can save up for it if we really want to. It will be great to spend some time with the family to somewhere nice and not to think about work and school

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Most of the time if you see people who are traveling like that is because they are financially capable of handling all the expenses of traveling, what you just said should be for all those people who are still struggling to survive but a situation in which a family is rich I think they have the right to travel whatever time suit them as far as the money to spend to make themselves comfortable is there

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Yeah, I feel it's right to travel only when you have enough money. I also feel that we should travel when there is right time. I see students around and people travelling anytime they like, but this seems very awkward. Although, it is told that we should travel as world is there to explore but we should understand and complete the duties of ours, and then only in leisure we should. The budget is important too as for travelling you need money for transportation and other stuffs.

So, we should travel but at the right time and when the budget is fine to undergo that. Otherwise, it is not fine in my opinion.

Teatea

Well to me, I don't think you need excess before you travel but you definitely nerd it to enjoy it. Some times, you just need the time out to clear your head and get away from the stress of work. I try to include travel expenses on my budget so that I don't affect other expenses but I still try to travel once or twice for a break. So when I get back, I try to balance it up again without incurring debts or run short.