Trucking business for rental is profitable in the pandemic era

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Truck business is a huge successful business. Even the drivers of the truck earns money driving the truck. Here in my country they earn more than $250 a month simply driven the truck. The truck owner with 2+ trucks us making reasonable amount of money everyday through renting of their trucks to people that us need of the truck.
It's a good business but it's really for rich people, with enough cash to reckon on. And its a business that needs solid connection. Plus, I have worked with some one who own lots of trucks and lease them out for all sorts of delivery stuff. Foodstuffs, fish, etc... And I think those drivers they don't pay them per month, they pay them per delivery. Infact, they don't pay too much....why? Because drivers do shitty business with all these trucks after delivery. Like selling the remaining diesel on the road, or use the truck for their own personal business before returning the truck to the owner, so the owners know this.

This may not be applicable to all truck owners as per the salary thing.... just saying base on my own experience.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Trucking business is even profitable after the pandemic outbreak. The reason is that people will continue to move goods from one place to another essentially those who are parking to the new house. People are going to rent truck to move some of their equipment from one place to another.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
What I just realize from the first and the second story of your friend is that there is no business that is not lucrative but it depend on how we manage those businesses. There are some people that have succeeded in the gasoline business that your friend failed woefully in

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think delivery service is a good business if you have a vehicle. You can either create your own transportation company or work with some transportation companies. In some countries, Amazon offers a delivery partnership program. By joining this program, you can deliver Amazon products to the customers and earn good profits.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You are right with the high cost of maintenance. That may be the reason why most of the delivery trucks for hire are old and somewhat dilapidated. There were years when such old trucks figured in road accidents every week. Even the tires are so old that it can explode when the truck is over speeding which is usually the standard for truck drivers.
Exactly and most the maintainance cost alone could wipe away the profit , that is the reason most people don't consider the business , it's just expensive to operate and even risky , as you need more of planning and a realistic objectives that would keep the business going despite all odds

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The only problem i have is the repair cost , like how does he normally cope with repairing it and others , because i really know that will take a lot of money, so how does he manage to do that and am also glad he is making money from the truck business he is doing really good to see that the business could be very much promising
You are right with the high cost of maintenance. That may be the reason why most of the delivery trucks for hire are old and somewhat dilapidated. There were years when such old trucks figured in road accidents every week. Even the tires are so old that it can explode when the truck is over speeding which is usually the standard for truck drivers.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The only problem i have is the repair cost , like how does he normally cope with repairing it and others , because i really know that will take a lot of money, so how does he manage to do that and am also glad he is making money from the truck business he is doing really good to see that the business could be very much promising

sincerem

VIP Contributor
They know seriously! Drivers can't be taken as a joke....They are wise and tricky. I can't say for truck drivers in abroad for real but I can say for some in Nigeria because of the experience I have with them. Most truck owners know how selfish they can be,that's why they treat them as such. But if these drivers work with any truck owner, who doesn't know much about the business, lol....They will make sure they wreck the owner. That's why you will need experience or mentor before venturing into such business, especially in Nigeria.
You're simply correct dear, drivers of this luxurious vehicles are simply tricky, if you don't have experience of the business they'll simply use the business to buy themselves truck and abandoning your own half way. Such kind of things happens, whereby owner have trucks and the drivers aren't bringing the expected returns, diverting the truck for illegal businesses.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Tje owners knows about that, that at some point in time their truck will be used illegally, but he can't focus on that, cos its almost in all driver's lifestyle. They can divert diesel money, and over quote the price, and also using it for personal conveying of goods and deliver at the right place and earn such amount anonymously without the owner's authorization.
They know seriously! Drivers can't be taken as a joke....They are wise and tricky. I can't say for truck drivers in abroad for real but I can say for some in Nigeria because of the experience I have with them. Most truck owners know how selfish they can be,that's why they treat them as such. But if these drivers work with any truck owner, who doesn't know much about the business, lol....They will make sure they wreck the owner. That's why you will need experience or mentor before venturing into such business, especially in Nigeria.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It's a good business but it's really for rich people, with enough cash to reckon on. And its a business that needs solid connection. Plus, I have worked with some one who own lots of trucks and lease them out for all sorts of delivery stuff. Foodstuffs, fish, etc... And I think those drivers they don't pay them per month, they pay them per delivery. Infact, they don't pay too much....why? Because drivers do shitty business with all these trucks after delivery. Like selling the remaining diesel on the road, or use the truck for their own personal business before returning the truck to the owner, so the owners know this.

This may not be applicable to all truck owners as per the salary thing.... just saying base on my own experience.
Tje owners knows about that, that at some point in time their truck will be used illegally, but he can't focus on that, cos its almost in all driver's lifestyle. They can divert diesel money, and over quote the price, and also using it for personal conveying of goods and deliver at the right place and earn such amount anonymously without the owner's authorization.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you had read of my thread about our friend who opened a gasoline pumping station and got bankrupt he is now recovering with a trucking business. He started with 1 truck that he rents out to a construction company to haul construction materials. The daily rent is high so our friend was able to buy another truck.

Now he owns 4 trucks in all which are rented to haulers of gravel and sand from the country side to the city. The contract is on a per trip basis which makes more profit if one truck will have 2 drivers to alternate. The truck can run for 16 hours which earns more. In the hauling business you need to have connections in the concerned industries that need trucks. If you do it right then you can earn to buy more trucks within a year of operation.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Truck business is a huge successful business. Even the drivers of the truck earns money driving the truck. Here in my country they earn more than $250 a month simply driven the truck. The truck owner with 2+ trucks us making reasonable amount of money everyday through renting of their trucks to people that us need of the truck.

A K Rao

It's a very lucrative business and at the same time it's not a business to dive into if you can't drive the truck yourself. In my home country many have gone bankrupt with the haulage business. If you really want to make profit from the business here, it's either you drive the truck yourself or you accompany the driver to wherever is to deliver the item.
That is the same story everywhere as far as the trucking business is concerned. We can't depend on the drivers and cleaners and leave the Truck on their mercy. The driver may or may not take care of the truck and may drive the truck rashly and even may drive it under the influence of the liquor. The best thing would be either to drive the truck all by your own or accompany the driver after in each trip on the long run.

A K Rao

This business required you to have huge capital, if not, it will be impossible to run this kind of business. This business ain't for average people. It's a business of money and fame. You need to have high connections or have rich friends who are into construction business to be successful in this. If not, if you hit one big money and you rush to buy a truck, it might be a bad move.
Agreed that the trucking business requires a lot of money as the overhead expenses are also higher than just acquiring the truck. Overhead expenses like Government formalities, expenses of the driver, expenses of cleaner, fuel, wear and tear of tires and the maintenance and repairs are other expenses. So it involves huge money! Agreed!

A K Rao

That is a nice success story to have heard about your friend. Transportation is the backbone of any business and Aiero planes, trains, and the trucks are main sources which help in the process of transportation, their business has to be profitable if government permits. In Plane and train there are some restrictions but for truckers they are permitted to ply on any route as this comes under essential services and they are free to do the business.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's a very lucrative business and at the same time it's not a business to dive into if you can't drive the truck yourself. In my home country many have gone bankrupt with the haulage business. If you really want to make profit from the business here, it's either you drive the truck yourself or you accompany the driver to wherever is to deliver the item.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The business is very popular and lucrative in my country of residence. There are people who buy trucks and put them on rentals. I think the business can only be started by people who have a lot of money because it is a very expensive and lucrative business. There are also companies who buy trucks and put them on rentals, of they make whole lot of money.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You have said it all. You need to know some people that collects contract or if you are very close to government, you can be seeking contract from government, this will make the business profitable. Anything aside this, you need to be working close with building contractors that will be needing your service. In other words, you will need to be hardworking with this type of business.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This business required you to have huge capital, if not, it will be impossible to run this kind of business. This business ain't for average people. It's a business of money and fame. You need to have high connections or have rich friends who are into construction business to be successful in this. If not, if you hit one big money and you rush to buy a truck, it might be a bad move.