What does the data mean to the market?

The Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey's (CBRT) Monetary Policy Committee votes on where to set the overnight interest rate. Traders watch interest rate changes closely as short term interest rates are the primary factor in currency valuation.

A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the TRY (Turkish Lira), while a lower than expected rate is negative/bearish for the TRY.

Historic Deviations and Their Outcome

March 18 2021 +1.0 positive deviation from the forecast, which gave a nice move of 750 pips in the first minute, then great continuation afterwards, too!

December 24 2020 +0.5 positive deviation from the forecast, which gave 475 pips in one minute.

October 22 2020 -1.75 negative deviation from the forecast, which created a great move! With over 900 pips in the first minute.

My Forecasts For Today

Benchmark Rate 19

Today's Trade Plan

25 forecasts today. This is broken down here:-

23 forecast for the rate to stay at 19%
1 forecast for a cut to 18.5%
1 forecast for a cut to 17%

Last time there was an unexpected hike in rates, President Erdogan sacked the central bank governor. Today is the first policy announcement from the new governor Sahap Kavcioglu, who's under pressure to cut rates. So far, he has signalled he won't cut yet but let's see!

Realistically the only feasible outcome from today is a possible cut. So if we get a deviation of 1.0 or more, we can expect a continued and prolonged weakening in TRY pairs.

Tradable Pairs

EURTRY
USDTRY

Hope this helps but please do your own analysis!!

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.

Robson Dey

Loosing money is a common thing in forex market. Even those who are professional in forex market also loss money in forex market. But if you are wise enough to make a good choice loss can be recovered and you can get profit from you investment. A lot of people don't show interest on investing in forex market just because of the fear of loosing money.
If you have faced problem to decide what is good for you, you can take help of the good broker existed in the forex market. I always take help from Forex4you to take any decision of investment. they help me to execute my plan and make profit. After joining with them, I never loose my money.

There was no deviation today. I feel there was a reasonable expectation of a cut today as TRY pairs strengthened considerably immediately after the data was released.