U.S. Treasury yields cause cryptocurrency's volatility

ThreeBear

Bitcoin experienced a tumultuous 24 hours last week, concluding a downward week with a minor rebound on Friday. This followed a surge of negative news and escalating bond yields that drove the price to the $25,000 mark. Dow Jones data revealed that the largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization suffered a decline for the sixth consecutive day, plummeting over 11%. A considerable portion of the speculation surrounding the cryptocurrency's diminishing volatility arose after Musk's Space Exploration Technologies disclosed a $373 million markdown in bitcoin late on Thursday.

While Bitcoin Foundation President Brock Pierce acknowledged that the report might have contributed to the selloff, he also highlighted a factor with potentially more profound ramifications: the increasing U.S. Treasury yields. He pointed out that various other broader market fundamentals, such as the upward trend in interest rates, were in play. Observing the scenario where the government is offering high yields while being aware that it will continue to do so, individuals tend to shift from riskier investments to more secure fund-like investment products. This leads to a question of why one should undertake higher risk.

BashirJasper

That's where I feel crypto regulation could bring more confidence to the space though I'm still of the opinion that price drop of BTC at this stage in time is a traditional trend that need not make people worry. We've got the halving coming and the news of blackrock stacking up BTC means something big might be on the horizon. My philosophy during a dip is to DCA and stack up, then look for exchanges that can offer you better passive earning opportunity like what Bitget and okx does for their userbase