Using DNA test to curb infidelity among couples.

D

Deleted member 51169

Let discuss DNA test, how it will help curb the rate of divorce among couples, especially among African nations who are just acknowledging the importance of such test after child birth.
In this discourse we will be using Nigeria as a case study, it's impact among the populace and perception of people towards the test. Please let it be noted, that the purpose of this discourse is not to prove if one gender is more faithful than the other. Howbeit, know also that there are reasons which could cause results to be neagtive; that also will be succinctly discussed.

First let us have a concised definition of what DNA is. According to Genome "DNA is the chemical name for the molecule that carries genetic instructions in all living things. The DNA molecule consists of two strands that wind around one another to form a shape known as a double helix". There are three major forms of DNA are double stranded and connected by interactions between complementary base pairs. These are terms A-form, B-form,and Z-form DNA.

Apart from knowing if a child actually belongs to a particular couple, DNA testing helps doctors to diagnose and predict a person's risk for developing a disease.

With the skyrocketing rate of infidelity and paternity fraud among Nigerian couples which is alarming, the need for DNA test can not be overemphasised. Recently, the social media space is buzzed with so many accusations and counter- accusations on this topic of discourse. A survey conducted by condom manufacturer, Durex, in which 29,000 people in 36 countries were interviewed has ranked Nigerian women as the most unfaithful in the world. Also An independent survey also conducted in Africa by AE affirms the fact that Nigeria with a polulation of over 160 million tops the chart for cheating women. Corruption and a general distrust amognst citizens is largely responsible for this.

Nonetheless, it is also important to state the child swapping can lead a DNA result to be negative, not just infidelity. Endeavor to make investigations before concluding that your partner has been unfaithful.

If government of African countries will make DNA testing official and legal at birth. The above indices indicating women and causing divorce among couples could be curb

PS: That your partner asks for a DNA test, does not show sign of mistrust.

Phabbyfundz

I would like to state that the problem of distrust among couples has led to a lot of divorce and broken marriages today. This has become so rampant in out society today that it is so normal to get a divorce even after barely a year of marriage. I would Like encourage us to always be sure about our spouses before humping into marriage .

D

Deleted member 51169

I would like to state that the problem of distrust among couples has led to a lot of divorce and broken marriages today. This has become so rampant in out society today that it is so normal to get a divorce even after barely a year of marriage. I would Like encourage us to always be sure about our spouses before humping into marriage .
Can you please narrow this distrust you stated above on how it has lead couples to cheat on each other, not just cheat on each other but birthing children from other partners(side chicks)? Should distrust really promote the act of infidelity which leads to paternity fraud among couples?

Thanks your contributions.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is need for DNA test truly among the couples of today. I met with a female friend who happened to be my ex. She was telling me that if I sleep with her and lead to pregnancy, that it means she will give the baby to her husband. Can you imagine.?

D

Deleted member 51169

There is need for DNA test truly among the couples of today. I met with a female friend who happened to be my ex. She was telling me that if I sleep with her and lead to pregnancy, that it means she will give the baby to her husband. Can you imagine.?
Can you just imagine! The moral decadence in our society is the more reason why this issue of DNA test should be taken serious. Though the men cheat -which also is very wrong of any responsible fellow, but transferring the responsibility of training another man's child to another person is a crime. And any man who allows his child responsibility to be transferred to another, should also be criminised.

Nigerian government should as a matter of extingency enacts laws that criminal such acts, so as to curb suicide, divorce and killing of spouse and other related emotional trauma.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I won't blame the people that involves infidelity. I will only blsme the society and the government. It will amaze you that DNA test is not what an ordinary person may do. They make it so enormous that poor people can not even near it. That's why some rich women sleep with poor people to just have babies for thier rich husbands

Chibson

VIP Contributor
DNA test is one of the best approaches to stop infidelity among couples because this issue has led to a lot of problems both in the past and the presently.
I have seen a man who trained children up to the age of 20 years old but later found out that he wasn't their father. Such cases can be stopped by DNA test.

D

Deleted member 51169

I won't blame the people that involves infidelity. I will only blsme the society and the government. It will amaze you that DNA test is not what an ordinary person may do. They make it so enormous that poor people can not even near it. That's why some rich women sleep with poor people to just have babies for thier rich husbands
This is why government of different countries that have no law incriminating such acts should be forced to make legislation on this and then subsidise the price for any child birth in government hospitals. Trust me, in third world countries where citizens prefer everything private, this will generate huge revenue for the govement as people will now start using their facilities.

Maybe when multiple cases of suicide and killing will trail this paternity fraud, they will sit up.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is why government of different countries that have no law incriminating such acts should be forced to make legislation on this and then subsidise the price for any child birth in government hospitals. Trust me, in third world countries where citizens prefer everything private, this will generate huge revenue for the govement as people will now start using their facilities.

Maybe when multiple cases of suicide and killing will trail this paternity fraud, they will sit up.
So they even really cars about the rate at which people die because of this. Last year, I read more than 3 cases of people that committed suicide when they realized that they have been nurturing another person's children's without even knowing it. This is just some of the cases that do happen every day.

D

Deleted member 51169

So they even really cars about the rate at which people die because of this. Last year, I read more than 3 cases of people that committed suicide when they realized that they have been nurturing another person's children's without even knowing it. This is just some of the cases that do happen every day.
I think pressure group in our societies are not doing enough to pressurise or lobby government to pass some bills. If the government of your country do not care about the data on suicidal approaches to the topic of our discourse, then this is the height of insensitive.

The citizens should also hold their representatives accountable, so that they system can work.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes I think this is something the government should consider making legal for every children in the country.this will be stated in the health files of the child for more references at their adult stage of life. But the cost of making DNA test and investigation might be expensive and if the government are to decide on this, they have to make it free.