Using Social media To Promote Your Product Internationally: Is It A Wise Decision?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Social media is being used by a really large number of people nowadays and more and more companies are promoting their products using social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. However, I am really not sure if it is a great way to approach international customers if you only intend to promote your product locally. For example, I live in Pakistan and there are many companies in Pakistan that do not export their products to other countries, so it would not make sense to promote my product to international clients because many clients would not be interested in my product. Moreover, even if they do get interested, then the number of clients who would be interested in my product might not be many and many customers might reject my product. So do you really think that social media should be used to promote your product internationally?

Setho

VIP Contributor
A very big amount of the population of the world use my social media or the other and even a majority use multiple social media networks. This is a particular reason why it will be very wise for your business to leverage this high amount of rich and put your businesses in the face of your potential customers.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One of the effective ways you can promote your products and services is to make use of social media platforms. they are cost-effective and you can easily reach out to the targeted audience with a little budget. That's the reason why most of the multinational companies are coming online to promote their products and services.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I think this is a good idea. I once said something similar to this post in one of my recent threads. People should take advantage of this instead of just seeing social media platform as a fun place.

arunima25

Verified member
Promoting local products internationally using social media could be a bit tasky and the worst aspect would be how you even intend to deliver those products to people who may want to patronize what you are promoting. I think only online stores can consider something of this nature and make money from it.
I would agree with this. It might involve a lot od cost for international delivery. So that has to be accounted. And if the delivery rate is too high, international buyers might not be too keen to buy products at such high rate. I have seen that most people use the social media platforms to promote local businesses or thst involves less cost on logistics like packing and shipping. Promotion might bring more people to know the business but not all can be possible clients.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
One of the benefits of social media is the fact that it can make your goods and service available to other people that do not stay where you stay. Not only this, they can easily invest or even buy all these goods and service without them leaving their countries.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I believe socal media is a powerful tool, we can use in promoting our business and products to the next level. Even if we are running our business internationally, we can still run it on social media cos many people are on social media, so any business we run can boom on there, so far we are selling viable products.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Promoting local products internationally using social media could be a bit tasky and the worst aspect would be how you even intend to deliver those products to people who may want to patronize what you are promoting. I think only online stores can consider something of this nature and make money from it.

arunima25

Verified member
I would agree that it is always good to keep two separate accounts on any social media. One should be for your personal circles like family and friends and the other one should be for the promotion of your business. It is not wise to mix the two. A Facebook page of business is a good way. And you can send links of those on your personal account to let your family and friends know of it and circulate it further in their network.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Whenever I would need a garden hose I would order from the e-commerce here. Some of its dealers of garden hose are Chinese suppliers. The hose is cheap although it is not durable. But for me that blue garden hose is really great so I always order that even if it takes a week to be delivered because it is imported from China.

D

Deleted member 28127

Social media is being used by a really large number of people nowadays and more and more companies are promoting their products using social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. However, I am really not sure if it is a great way to approach international customers if you only intend to promote your product locally. For example, I live in Pakistan and there are many companies in Pakistan that do not export their products to other countries, so it would not make sense to promote my product to international clients because many clients would not be interested in my product. Moreover, even if they do get interested, then the number of clients who would be interested in my product might not be many and many customers might reject my product. So do you really think that social media should be used to promote your product internationally?
Social media is for friends and relatives and family instead you use a spare account for promoting your product as many are doing so a social media for relatives and social media for online product promotion as use both of cases for one account will be not liked by some relatives that doesn't intend to see advertisements.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I would personally not promote my products to international members if I do not plan to export my products or offer my products to international members. It is very hard to convince international members to buy your products, especially if they do not have idea about what you are selling. For example, if I am selling traditional frozen food items, then it might be difficult for me to establish myself in the international market because people have no idea about what my product tastes like.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Why not? Using social media to promote your product internationally is very wise in as much as you are sure of the product you are selling or introducing to the world. Social media will help to take your product to the global world not only your country. All I believe is that once your product is good and not fake, and the product can solve some people's needs,then it is well to promote your product through social media platforms.

The problem is that promoting your product on an international level is not that easy, especially if you are promoting your product to a Tier 1 country. It takes a lot of effort and entice people to at least try out your product. Another problem is exporting the product. It is not that much easy to export the product even if people agree to buy it or try it.

arunima25

Verified member
Well, social media is an international platform. And one can use it for promoting their business without any expenses. You can reach a huge pool of people through it without spending a penny on your advertisement. You can use it for promoting both local and international business. If you want to stick to local community, you can mention that there. And if one wants to expand it beyond borders, the same platform can be used for the same.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course, it's a wise decision. The advent of the internet and social media has given a lot of people and businesses the opportunity to promote their products even without big budget. All they need is to create a social media page and create interesting contents and of course attract a lot of audience. This will help them in promoting their product for free.

funmi

Verified member
Why not? Using social media to promote your product internationally is very wise in as much as you are sure of the product you are selling or introducing to the world. Social media will help to take your product to the global world not only your country. All I believe is that once your product is good and not fake, and the product can solve some people's needs,then it is well to promote your product through social media platforms.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Social media is one of the best tools for promotion of our business or products, or merchandise whatever stuff that has value to go viral and noticeable. It depends on the kind of products/merchandise you're advising. Of you have ways to deliver or ship it to other countries then it becomes worthwhile to advertise international.