Using the stress ball for computer break

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
One usual problem with computer users is the carpal tunnel that is a pain in the wrist. Doctors say that the carpal tunnel is mainly caused by the excessive and prolonged use of the mouse. That means laptop users with no mouse are exempted. However, laptop users are still not exempted from abuse of the hands and fingers.

IMG_8173 stress ball.JPG
The stress ball is the answer to the problems besetting the fingers especially when the weather is cold and there is arthritic pain. You can include the use of the stress ball in following the standard break for computer users of 5 minutes every hour. All you do is to press the soft ball with the right hand and then with the left hand maybe for 1 minute each. That will relieve the fingers of fatigue so that they will feel fresh when you come back to the keyboard.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You will tire your hands and fingers if your work involves typing a lot. For example, if you are posting on a lot of forums and creating a lot of posts every day, you will tire your fingers and wrist. I do not know much about these stress balls but the trick that has helped me is by working in small sessions instead of long hours.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
One usual problem with computer users is the carpal tunnel that is a pain in the wrist. Doctors say that the carpal tunnel is mainly caused by the excessive and prolonged use of the mouse. That means laptop users with no mouse are exempted. However, laptop users are still not exempted from abuse of the hands and fingers.

View attachment 46081
The stress ball is the answer to the problems besetting the fingers especially when the weather is cold and there is arthritic pain. You can include the use of the stress ball in following the standard break for computer users of 5 minutes every hour. All you do is to press the soft ball with the right hand and then with the left hand maybe for 1 minute each. That will relieve the fingers of fatigue so that they will feel fresh when you come back to the keyboard.
Wow thank you for this information. Personally I do not have a laptop but since using a laptop for a long time and causes an arthritic pain then I should consider getting the relieve ball for myself so that I won't experience what you were going through when I have a laptop m Thanks for the information I really appreciate as it will help me a lot.