Want to Succeed as a Writer? Build a Website

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can earn as a writer even when you do not have a website. You can publish on paid-to-post sites, article sites, book publishing sites, or work on freelance sites, and make money by writing for individuals and businesses or publishing independently. However, having your own website builds your reputation.

When you have your own website, you can easily be found online. For example, if someone searches for your name, they will find your website, where they can get all information they want. You can publish your portfolio on your website and provide authentic information about yourself and your products and services.

When you have your own website, you can not only market and sell your books and ebooks, you can also promote your writing services. When you sell your services from your own website, you earn the full amount unlike the commission you have to pay to the freelancer sites if you are selling your services from the freelancer marketplaces.

It is easy to make money by publishing on third-party sites, but you must be aware that you are at the mercy of these sites and will lose your income stream once they shut down. Don’t invest time on someone else’s site, create your own site and invest your time and money.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I believe that making a website will not only build your reputation, but it will also help you to make a lots of money. There are many advantages of making your own website. You can hire writers in order to get the best kind of content written and then market that great content and earn money in the process. However, it is not that easy to build your own website because during the initial time, you may need to invest a lots of money and hire a great website designer in order to get an attractive website created. You have to work harder in order to gain traffic.

In the initial days, you may not be able to gain much traffic, but it all depends on how hard you work. The downside of creating your own website is that it will definitely take much time to gain traffic and start earning from your own website. This is why many writers would like to make quick cash and this is the exact reason why they work as a guest post writer. So making your own website is not the only way to make money. You can make a huge amount of money writing articles for other's websites as well.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I was earning well through social media promotion and youtube and one day I decided to join Fiverr and maximize my earning. I started earning well on Fiverr also, and my clients started saying that I should also have my own website where I can not only share my portfolio but also sell my freelancing services, I can even earn through amazon and adsense, if I want. I really liked the idea and decided to launch my website. When I build my website, my idea was just to share my resume and list my freelancing services. However, I ended up using my website to make money from adsense, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts and selling ad space. on my website I also publish blog posts, some of these posts are sponsored posts. I don't considered myself a a writer even though I have written so many things. Having a website helps not only to writers but all people who want to work and earn online. For example, you are a forum poster, you get $2 b this site for bringing new user. If you have a website you cana promote your referral link and earn a lot of money from this site apart from earning from posting.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is one of the debate that has been going on especially on social media for some time right now on weather all writers need to have a portfolio website for their self or not . The truth is that nobody is going to hold you at the score of the neck for not having a website but then creating one is going to open you to some opportunities and disposal going to make it easier for you to meet clients .

Your website is going to contain everything about you to the projects that you have managed in the past and how they can be able to contact you . This saves a lot of time from the interviewing process where the client will manually have to ask you all these questions and it is sometime tiring having to answer everybody when you can just direct them to their website for them to see everything that you have done already .

There are some websites that actually support but it is in such a way that you can be able to conclude deals there without needing to even go to another third-party website and be paid directly after you have submitted the work .