Ways exercise can literally make you money

K

kacey

You may think getting healthier and fitter means shelling out big bucks for leaner cuts of meat, organic produce, and a gym membership that tacks on all sorts of hidden fees. But being active can yield financial benefits in addition to the expected health and performance gains.
Besides all the ways you can save money getting fit right away, living a healthier lifestyle has long-term financial benefits, too. Here are a few examples of your potential monetary gains:
1. Boosted Productivity at Work or School
Research finds that people who exercise at least three times per week are more productive and miss fewer workdays than their less active counterparts. That means if you're active, you're more likely to enjoy a long, well-paying career with plenty of promotions. Indeed, studies show that regular exercisers earn more money on average than their sedentary coworkers (6 percent more for men and 10 percent more for women). You don't even have to be in the workforce yet to benefit from exercise's effects on productivity: Attending school more often and with more energy and focus can propel students toward better grades and greater success in their future careers.
2. Service Cost Savings
Being more active around the house can save you money on services like house cleaning, yard work, and gardening. The savings from doing your own chores add up quickly – as do the calories you burn incorporating physical activity into your daily routine.
3. Lower Transportation Costs
If you add more active transportation – walking or cycling, for example – into your lifestyle whenever possible, you'll see the gains in several ways. Walking your kids to school in the morning, cycling to the grocery store if you need a few items on a Saturday afternoon, or even running part of the way to work each day will save gas money, parking fees (if you live or work in an urban area) and maybe even car insurance costs. Remember, every minute you spend moving instead of sitting on the couch or in the car is another step toward better health.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Exercise is a good things that every body need to be doing every day if possible. Though it usually depend on the method or time to be doing it .some people use to do it early in the money which is usually common.while some people use to do it in the evening before they sleep. Exercise use to help to burn fat away from the body.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Thanks for sharing this great information with us over here. I think I am going to bookmark this your post for a future references. When I saw the topic, I thought you are going to say a website or someone will be paying me money for doing exercise. I think I will need to exercise more so as to boost my productivity just like you said in your post.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those are very benefits of exercising that actually saves you money. I love the idea of doing your own house chores and gardening. It saves you the money you would hire people to do it for you. The idea of walking or cycling to work is also a great one. So many people waste money on transport to work.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
We cannot exhaust the benefit of exercise. It ranges from physical, emotional, social and even mental benefits. Though I don't think the idea of walking to save transportation fee is a welcome idea to me. There is limit to exercise hence it will become punishments. Walking long distances may cause leg ache.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah I think the most important aspect should be exercise helping you in workplace ,even the person could get promoted when the employee sees how active the person is really Working and contributing hard to the organization , it have its benefits in so many ways too I think , so doing exercise comes with benefits

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Just as the saying goes, 'health is wealth. Only your sound Heath have saved your millions no doubt. Those who are rich today but suffering from one health issue to the other are spending more to get themselves back to full fitness still no avail for some. Here we are with good health, it shows we are rich the other side.