Ways in getting more regular readers to your blog

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I saw the new blog of my niece I asked her if she was getting a good number of readers. After a month of starting the blog she has hundreds of regular readers. But she admitted that she needed to advertise her blog to get more. My suggestion is social media but wait a minute her blog is about diabetes so maybe she should find Facebook Groups about health or diabetes so the target audience is specific. She agreed.

After 3 months when we met again she was getting more than 1,000 readers. Aside from promoting her blog in social media she also posts in similar blogs and she gets new readers from there. She also tags her new web page with the proper keyword. I was surprised that she know a little SEO. Well, I guess my niece knows how to get more regular readers and I am expecting her to be a star blogger soon.

arunima25

Verified member
That sounds like a promising start for her and it will get better from here. All that she needs to do is be consistent and continue with quality content. Once you get some target audience and they like your blogs, it spreads from mouth to mouth advertising. They will subscribe and then share it.
I wish your niece all the luck for her blog. She sounds enthusiastic about it and hope will continue with it with same zeal.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are popular on social sites, you can easily get readers, if you are a popular figure, a socialite, a celebrity, you can easily get tons of readers. However, if you are no one, it is really difficult to get regular readers. The only way to build readership on your blog is through SEO. When you do SEO, your site will get traffic from search engines.

arunima25

Verified member
If you are popular on social sites, you can easily get readers, if you are a popular figure, a socialite, a celebrity, you can easily get tons of readers. However, if you are no one, it is really difficult to get regular readers. The only way to build readership on your blog is through SEO. When you do SEO, your site will get traffic from search engines.
That's true. I am none of the above mentioned by you. Moreover I am not much active on social media. But yes I do have good number of connections there including my personal and professional circle. I often get support from them though I am not much active there.
Can you suggest some good resources to learn about SEO? Google search takes me to a big pool of things and it gets confusing. I would like something that is easy for a layman like me.

Mika

VIP Contributor
That's true. I am none of the above mentioned by you. Moreover I am not much active on social media. But yes I do have good number of connections there including my personal and professional circle. I often get support from them though I am not much active there.
Can you suggest some good resources to learn about SEO? Google search takes me to a big pool of things and it gets confusing. I would like something that is easy for a layman like me.
If you have good connections on social media, let say you have 2000 facebook friends. You can promote your content to your 2000 friends. Let say 10 percent visited your site, you will have 200 visits. This visit is just from facebook. If you ar eon other social sites like Instagram, twitter, Linkedin etc. you can gain visitors. However, first you need to build following.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you have good connections on social media, let say you have 2000 facebook friends. You can promote your content to your 2000 friends. Let say 10 percent visited your site, you will have 200 visits. This visit is just from facebook. If you ar eon other social sites like Instagram, twitter, Linkedin etc. you can gain visitors. However, first you need to build following.
Maybe I am the only one who has 600 friends in Facebook. Most of the social media accounts in my circle have thousands and some even have more than 4,000 friends. You are right that if you can get 10% of those friends to read your blog then that is already a big audience to speak of.

arunima25

Verified member
I was just thinking about that. I am not a regular visitor to Facebook and other social sites, though I have accounts with them. I keep them as I need them from time to time for various stuff. I might need to go back to them more frequently and try to reconnect with people. I have a long list of friends there on FB( must be few hundreds) from my friends, family, colleagues. There are multiple friends request waiting when I log in there each time. Maybe once I launch my website, I need to spend a good time reconnecting to all there on my friend's list and making many more. My earlier blogs received a lot of views through my social media platforms but then I go less and less active on my blog as well as on these platforms.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
She perfectly know how to do search engine optimisation well. the problem with a lot of bloggers is that they don't know how to create good content in order to attract a lot of people to their blogs. using social media especially Facebook groups is one of the most effective ways of getting readers to your blog. You can also use popular forums to promote your blog and from there you can get a lot of daily visits.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can get readers on your blog if you have a lot of subscribers. You can also get traffic from social sites if you have a huge following on social sites. However, the most valuable method to bring visitors to your blog is through SEO. If your SEO efforts manage to push your blog to top rank, you get a lot of visitors.