Earn Money Ways to earn money as a transcriber

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Transcribing is as old as civilization. People in different epoch have been employing some people to either translate from one language or even transcribe what they are saying for easy understanding.

Nowadays, there are more than thousands websites that offer transcribing as a job. They employ people who can transcribe and pay them handsome money. However,, the money you can make from these platforms different on some factors.

However, as a transcriptionist or transcriber, you have to take caution for your work to be perfect because most transcribing websites pay for your perfection and not for the job done that's why they rate your works.

You must have listening skill. You need to pay your best attention because of different accent rented by different speakers. The way you listen while listening to audio of an American may be different from the way you will listen while transcribing for an English or even an Indian.

You also need to also familiarize yourself with register words. There are some words that are associated with some particular fields. These will help you to know the right words to use while you come across homophones. For instance, your knowlege on various fields will let you know when to use hymm and not him.

Just like other online jobs, transcribing is not easy and you don't need to rush yourself. Take your time, listen to your task, if you cannot do the task, you can always reject and choose another task that's a little easier to the one you rejected.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Though transcribing tasks are not easy but they seems to be the very easy way to earn money online. I'm not working on any transcribing gig because most of them pay via PayPal and I didn't have a PayPal account. But all in all its a cool way of getting money.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Though transcribing tasks are not easy but they seems to be the very easy way to earn money online. I'm not working on any transcribing gig because most of them pay via PayPal and I didn't have a PayPal account. But all in all its a cool way of getting money.
Not all pay via PayPal as you have been told or known. I have one that pays into your local account even as Nigerians. They stop when the present administration stop receiving foreign money into local account. And now, you have a choice of receiving your money through payoneer which can now be transfered to your local account. So not all pay via PayPal.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I love transcription gigs online. But not having verified paypal account have caused me slowing down my choice of being a professional transcriptionist. I'm working hard to get a verified paypal account. I believe I'll get it done sooner and start my transcription dream. Its not easy gig, but determination can carry one on.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I love transcription gigs online. But not having verified paypal account have caused me slowing down my choice of being a professional transcriptionist. I'm working hard to get a verified paypal account. I believe I'll get it done sooner and start my transcription dream. Its not easy gig, but determination can carry one on.
Like I said in my article, receiving payment should not be a problem. I understand that most transcribing websites pay through PayPal but not all. I think there are some websites that even pay through cryptocurrencies. But it may not be common because these transcribing websites always want to have their payment traced, that's why crypto is not common as means of payment.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Like I said in my article, receiving payment should not be a problem. I understand that most transcribing websites pay through PayPal but not all. I think there are some websites that even pay through cryptocurrencies. But it may not be common because these transcribing websites always want to have their payment traced, that's why crypto is not common as means of payment.
Ever since i started searching for legit transcription sites online I've never seen anyone that its payment method include Cryptocurrency. They mainly prefer paypal. Only few add payoneer payment method which is Gotranscript.com. others prefer by check, but majority prefer using paypal. Cos of how paypal is secured, and reliable they don't want any dispute with payments of their workers.

Carson20t

Ever since i started searching for legit transcription sites online I've never seen anyone that its payment method include Cryptocurrency. They mainly prefer paypal. Only few add payoneer payment method which is Gotranscript.com. others prefer by check, but majority prefer using paypal. Cos of how paypal is secured, and reliable they don't want any dispute with payments of their workers.
I have not been very attentive on some of these options of transcription jobs and i am always of the view that so much documentation is required from you in order to start receiving some jobs from them. I have no idea of the ones in 2021that seem to be legit and paying. Could you you share more of them apart from Gotranscript that you have verified?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Transcribing is as old as civilization. People in different epoch have been employing some people to either translate from one language or even transcribe what they are saying for easy understanding.

Nowadays, there are more than thousands websites that offer transcribing as a job. They employ people who can transcribe and pay them handsome money. However,, the money you can make from these platforms different on some factors.

However, as a transcriptionist or transcriber, you have to take caution for your work to be perfect because most transcribing websites pay for your perfection and not for the job done that's why they rate your works.

You must have listening skill. You need to pay your best attention because of different accent rented by different speakers. The way you listen while listening to audio of an American may be different from the way you will listen while transcribing for an English or even an Indian.

You also need to also familiarize yourself with register words. There are some words that are associated with some particular fields. These will help you to know the right words to use while you come across homophones. For instance, your knowlege on various fields will let you know when to use hymm and not him.

Just like other online jobs, transcribing is not easy and you don't need to rush yourself. Take your time, listen to your task, if you cannot do the task, you can always reject and choose another task that's a little easier to the one you rejected.
Transcribing is a lucrative online business now a days compare to the olden days when people don't value it.
No knowledge is waste ,once you know how to do something speciall try and package yourself in such a way that people will be looking for you.
Also become a professional in your field and let your work speak for you every where the sees it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Transcription is sometimes not that easy way to make a lot of money online. I know someone who is into transcription he works in a certain website, I have forgotten the name. He said the only thing needed to succeed is dedication and patience because sometimes when your work is not perfect you may not be paid for it. No matter the time you have wasted doing such work. So, transcription is good but I don't think it is a perfect way to make money online.

Briangsam

Transcription is very cool really. But paying with cryptocurrency is such a new one to me. I opted out of transcription because almost all of these job sites prefer to pay through checks and that is PayPal and in my country, PayPal seems to have issues with them. Reason why I opted out. So you could do so well to share those that pay with cryptocurrency.