We don't lose in forex trading ,we only learn

amakaokafor

Banned
Yes we don't lose in forex trading,for every time you lost ,there was a lesson you learn ,which helped you become better,but that aside many people keep losing even after learning lesson,the main reason we keep losing in forex trading is greed,that is why you need to be discipline ,make up your mind that once you have hit you daily target,you leave the market,don't be tempted to try another trade ,cos dat might drain ur profit,

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I agree with we don't lose in Forex we only learn, this is a powerful lesson we should learn to live with as traders and you can only realise this by keeping a journal, write about the trades that you took, reason why you took the trade and come back to it after you exit the position and learn, this will help you to trade without investing emotions.

On the other hand, I don't agree with take what the market give you and stop trading when you hit your target, well, what if you are a swing trader or a trend follower, so you see, it's really relative.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes we don't lose in forex trading,for every time you lost ,there was a lesson you learn ,which helped you become better,but that aside many people keep losing even after learning lesson,the main reason we keep losing in forex trading is greed,that is why you need to be discipline ,make up your mind that once you have hit you daily target,you leave the market,don't be tempted to try another trade ,cos dat might drain ur profit,
Yes I know that is true, every time we are trading we are learning but a situation in which you lose consistently then is not the best.. but I don't really know if it is possible for people to learn forex trading on their own and understand how to trade perfectly without having a good understanding of technical and fundamental analysis, because according to expert they said that is what is needed to trade confidently in the volatile market.. not really about the disciples as you said but the most important thing here is just the ability for you to predict the movement of a particular currency to at least 85% accuracy.

Victorial

I just lost $37 to trading gold this afternoon. Although the signal was not mine as I did not analyze the chart nor confirm with my indicators. The signal came from a paid forex group that I subscribed to for regular signals. It was very painful but there was nothing I could do. I only hope it would reverse to the upside but it did not. Now I will have to source for the capital and trade with care. I learned that I need to analyze the market before I place the trade

btaliat

VIP Contributor
We only don't lose if we decide to put the lesson learnt from the previous failed trade. There are many people that keep on losing after losing. Thank God you analyzed the reason for this., another reason may be fear. In general, we should stay away from forex, if we are easily led by our emotion rather than analyses.

Kingstone

They say failure is now the best teacher and not experience. Although both of them are the same as failure and success are part of an experience. I have had my fair share of trading and it seems I have not learned enough. In fact, one cannot learn everything in forex or whatever trading you want to get involved. Trading is like any business. You keep learning new ways to get better and better. But losses can be so disheartening especially for a beginner.

JoeSeki

Losing trades can definitely teach you great lessons. That’s why I always believe that it’s important to look at the positive side of it. When we critically analyse the lost trade, we can find out our mistakes and correct them so that we don’t repeat them in future. I think of lost money as a tuition fee to the market for teaching me an invaluable trading lesson.

rextee

I believe in the same. We cannot stop losses from taking place but if we keep taking lessons from those losses, it won’t be a bad deal. You will know what you must not do and what you must keep doing. And I think it’s better to take losses in the live market instead of reading about them and learning to deal with them.

Zonked

Losing in forex gives you more experience than winning. It will teach you how to avoid the same mistake next time, and it will help you become a better trader.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really agree on this because this is not what is happening.. what we have to understand is that without proper understanding of forex trading no matter the level of your experience you will still always be at loss because the skill that is required to trade the volatile market profitably is not invested in you..

People should not just consider that losing in forex is an opportunity for them to learn but they should just consider to learn and understand all the basics of forex trading because this will stop you from learning and losing.. it doesn't make sense.. losing and learning at the same time will not be profitable because you might even lose more than the amount of money you could have paid to learn everything that could have make you to avoid losing in the volatile market.

I have been in the crypto space for a long time and I always lose no no matter how many mistakes I have learnt from, volatile market won't be profitable if you don't really understand what you are doing because there are thousands of mistake that will make you lose your money if you are learning this way.

Onetech

Banned
Losing is sure in forex but the only thing is that one need to good risk management, mind you is something you will pick any signals that comes your way because you will just blow your account. Do your analysis very well. In all risk management is always the support.

E

eldavis

Indeed I met a coach in forex trading who once said these exact same words. Every losses you come across is a lesson to learn, though these so called lessons can be pretty much painful

Wharf

Agreed! But, what if you learn a few things from a previous trade, made amendments to your strategies, traded again and lost again? You will again learn a few other things, so this is going to go on until your capital is completely exhausted. It is good that you’re learning, but at the same time, you must implement a strategy to reduce your losses.

Critomancy

You should be either making money or learning from your trades!

Learning from your trades is a very practical approach to become a successful trader. Most traders neglect that. I believe, despite wins or losses, all traders should backtest and learn something valuable from their trades. This attitude will grow anyone into a profitable trader.

Skysaint

Verified member
You're right to an extent but that is not always the case. When you follow the due process before commencing your trades in forex then this you said might be able to fit in. They say experience is the best teacher and that is very correct, but you really need to no the needful before venturing into forex trading and that is learning properly about forex and how the whole system works.
When I and my friends heard about forex, about some years back. I felt skeptical about investing in the platform although I don't have a clear reason for this but my friends actually started trading in the platform and the truth is none of them earn a dime from it. They all faced constant and consistent loss and ended up quitting before I could know it. So when you fail to gain first the basics about forex, then you are prone to encounter failure and still you won't be able to figure out what's really wrong.

destinyrim

That’s surely a lesson we must not forget. We will always make losses and there is no way we can avoid them completely. But analysing these losses can tell us what we should not do in our next trades and this can surely help us improve over time.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is actually one of the best self motivation things that I have been able to see about the forex market and I am going to be forced to particularly agree with this. There is a popular knowledge that the forex market is usually moving in trends and in such a way that things that are happening now is more likely that has happened in the past. This is why it is very hard that if you are able to make a mistake right now you will be able to do it again in the future. This is why it is very good for you to have a trading journal.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
If I get a trading education I can definitely make a profit. But in that case I have to develop knowledge and skills with patience. If I can develop skills, I can easily make a profit.

Thanosis

I have seen traders feel depressed about making losses. Well, that’s very human of them but if you have taken forex trading as a task, be ready for the losses. Making losses is not a bad thing. But what is bad is not paying attention to what went wrong. This can solve the puzzle to a great extent and keep you from making the mistake again.

Finger Geek

Verified member
This is true. We don't lose whenever we lose in forex trading but we are learning. But this is not true for everybody. There are some people that trade with un seriousness. When people like that trades. They only trade on there feelings on the trade. That is when they look at the chart they will just decide on the trade not considering some factors or trading tools. And when they lose, they will not know what made them to lose. Because they just pick there trades.
But a real trader will look at some factors and use some tools before making a trade. Like for me when trading. I noticed that around 12 noon, dollar tends to rise. I noticed this because I don't just pick my trades just by merely looking at the trades but using some tools and factors. Though it is not always right but it does most time.
One thing I noticed from my lost. Is that before I don't use stop loss and take profit. I see that this had make me to lose my trades most times. So since I have be using stop loss and take profit, my trades have been better.