Wearing Earbuds For Long Periods Can Be Bad For Your Ears

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Nice explanation you've taken your time to explain. When it comes to.lisyening to music at loud volume, I understand it's injurious to the hearing. That's why I don't make it a priority to be listening at loud volume all the time. I do that once in a while especially during nights when I am simply with my phone surfing online.
Ok there is no problem if you think that you are on the saver side because it is always necessary for us to put our health into consideration especially when we are doing anything, because if it does not affect us now it is possible that it will affect us in the future. So we need to be guided and observe some things we do.

Kola

Verified member
Yes don't use them or don't leave them in you ears for a very long time it can damage the ear such that you won't ear what other people are saying if you are not close to them.so use it limitedly so that it won't damage the ear and alter the way you ear things

Qriquimen

Listen to loud music makes us to have ear problem we should make the rate of the volume is at the minimal level

Aqruub

Using earbuds for too long or in a very high volume can cause ear problem which makes it difficult to listen properly

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Doctor Sotherefore well-done oh, for your fine health tips, Lolz. Who told you that listening to music with airpod will destroy your hearing permanently and cause you to be dumbed too? That's not true bro, it will only destroy your hearing during that time you're listening to it. It has foam embedded into it, it's not getting to the antenna that enables you hear.
This means you are talking about the most sophisticated one available now but all this cheap one that we have been buying from plazas at the rate of 200 naira are the most dangerous and can causes the deafness, I believe we may not even notice the deafness now but can likely affect us at old age.

Aceenmi

Using earbuds for long damages the ear it prevents you from listening clearly

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well that is what it is said, the reason why I am afraid of this is because it can also hamper your talking ability because as I can see a lot of people that are deaf will eventually be dumb because I believe both of them work together ,so I won't even like to experience an unpleasant situation that I cannot talk and I cannot even hear.
Doctor Sotherefore well-done oh, for your fine health tips, Lolz. Who told you that listening to music with airpod will destroy your hearing permanently and cause you to be dumbed too? That's not true bro, it will only destroy your hearing during that time you're listening to it. It has foam embedded into it, it's not getting to the antenna that enables you hear.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Deaf at times it's a deficiency in the hearing, it doesn't mean listening to loud music once in a while will block your hearing. If you become too prone or chronic listening to music at the highest volume it will hamper the hearing in the later stages. But not destroying our hearing entirely.
Well that is what it is said, the reason why I am afraid of this is because it can also hamper your talking ability because as I can see a lot of people that are deaf will eventually be dumb because I believe both of them work together ,so I won't even like to experience an unpleasant situation that I cannot talk and I cannot even hear.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
And you can imagine how it will even be for people to be deaf when he is not even up to the age of 80 , deafness cause by louder music I always irreversible.. about from that it is also necessary for us to be careful in the things we do to other part of our body like the eyes and so many others
. Even to our lungs like smokers
Deaf at times it's a deficiency in the hearing, it doesn't mean listening to loud music once in a while will block your hearing. If you become too prone or chronic listening to music at the highest volume it will hamper the hearing in the later stages. But not destroying our hearing entirely.

Empress

Verified member
Teen at used to the habit of putting earbuds in their ear while walking and they won't be able hear if a car is horning which causes accident most of the times and using earbuds for long do cause hearing problem which you might not even be able to correct properly again

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Life is all about risks my brother, I can't be staying off from enjoying myself in this short system of things because I want to please health experts, No. I am not the only one listening to music via loudness. Not everything health says works, but we shouldn't over do the toxic things so it wouldn't be complicated in the future.
And you can imagine how it will even be for people to be deaf when he is not even up to the age of 80 , deafness cause by louder music I always irreversible.. about from that it is also necessary for us to be careful in the things we do to other part of our body like the eyes and so many others
. Even to our lungs like smokers

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Ok there is no problem if you think that you are on the saver side because it is always necessary for us to put our health into consideration especially when we are doing anything, because if it does not affect us now it is possible that it will affect us in the future. So we need to be guided and observe some things we do.
Life is all about risks my brother, I can't be staying off from enjoying myself in this short system of things because I want to please health experts, No. I am not the only one listening to music via loudness. Not everything health says works, but we shouldn't over do the toxic things so it wouldn't be complicated in the future.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The usage of earbuds have increased a lot in the recent decades and this is because of the fact that many people listen to music and many people tend to avoid using mobile phones while driving, so they opt to use earbuds in order to avoid accidents and make their journey more comfortable because using phones while driving is prohibited by law in many countries and it also does not feel comfortable to use phones while driving. However, now new study has been suggesting that wearing earbuds can be bad for your ears but it can only damage your ears if you wear them for a really long periods. Unfortunately, I have seen many people wearing them for a really long period of time and they form a habit of wearing earbuds for a long time.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes I understand that listening to loud music can affect our hearing ability and possibly can damage our hearing , Expert have said that if you are interested of listening to loud music that I shouldn't pass 60 decibel, they also stated that listening to more than hundred decibels should only be restricted to 15 minutes , you that have understand the potential risks involved why do you still choose to listen to louder music ?
Nice explanation you've taken your time to explain. When it comes to.lisyening to music at loud volume, I understand it's injurious to the hearing. That's why I don't make it a priority to be listening at loud volume all the time. I do that once in a while especially during nights when I am simply with my phone surfing online.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes, their are good ear buds that can protect your hearing but you shouldn't listen to sound in a high volume. You should keep the volume in a moderate way to protect your hearing. I can't lie to you, listening at the highest volume Is what I love doing mostly with ear buds when I put it on my ear.
Yes I understand that listening to loud music can affect our hearing ability and possibly can damage our hearing , Expert have said that if you are interested of listening to loud music that I shouldn't pass 60 decibel, they also stated that listening to more than hundred decibels should only be restricted to 15 minutes , you that have understand the potential risks involved why do you still choose to listen to louder music ?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Wow personally I do not really have that ability to concentrate in Reading especially if I'm using my earbuds... That will be one of the greatest distraction I will even have when reading. Using it for a long time might affect your ears except the sound is extremely low,There are good ones that have the ability to protect your hearing.
Yes, their are good ear buds that can protect your hearing but you shouldn't listen to sound in a high volume. You should keep the volume in a moderate way to protect your hearing. I can't lie to you, listening at the highest volume Is what I love doing mostly with ear buds when I put it on my ear.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I'm tje kind of person that loves wearing ear buds, I'm addicted with it. It enables me to.work online for hours without getting tired as long as the music keeps playing. Apart from working online, i feel safer reading while playing songs with the earbuds. I've been using it steady for more than seven years, it never destroyed my hearing, I'm still hearing comfortably.
Wow personally I do not really have that ability to concentrate in Reading especially if I'm using my earbuds... That will be one of the greatest distraction I will even have when reading. Using it for a long time might affect your ears except the sound is extremely low,There are good ones that have the ability to protect your hearing.

Paridhi

This reminds me of my aunt when the "Walkman radio" was popular in the 1980s. Many were walking in the street with a small earphone with the small radio inside the pocket. My aunt would say "you will be deaf if you continue using that radio earphone." Maybe she was right although it was not exactly accurate.
same story was here. Our elders used to tell us the same what your aunt said.

Paridhi

Yes, that's right. Using the earbuds for a long period it may harm our ear and infect affects on ear drums. So one can use the earbuds in the less time period for listening music etc. It is really a very bad behavior of human being today.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I'm tje kind of person that loves wearing ear buds, I'm addicted with it. It enables me to.work online for hours without getting tired as long as the music keeps playing. Apart from working online, i feel safer reading while playing songs with the earbuds. I've been using it steady for more than seven years, it never destroyed my hearing, I'm still hearing comfortably.