Weekly or monthly for home budget

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For those in charge of the budgeting at home which is more convenient for you, a weekly budget or a monthly budget? When I retired from work and I was tasked to handle the home budget for the food I was surprised that it was not that easy. Every month I get the budget and I would make a list. But before the month ends I was already short. Now it came to my attention that a weekly budget would be easier to handle because I can make estimates even on my mind. One day for beef and no pork, fish, vegetable and chicken. Now I wonder how the housewife would make both ends meet when she handles the entire expenses for the whole month.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I am not the one who budgets our home money but I agree with you that a weekly budget is easier to maintain than the monthly one. I learnt this while I was in the university and living alone. I could make a monthly budget but it became so hard to keep up with it. I would make several changes as the month went buy and sometimes I would end up being broke due to lack of a good plan. Then I switched to weekly budgets and things became so easy.

Seyesystem

When it comes to home budget i will prefer monthly budget because monthly involves 4 or 5 weeks in a month and for you to have an accurate estimation of what your monthly budget. You have to first know your daily expenses and weekly expense so that you can now be able to come out with your monthly budget. Remember it involves dicipline if you want your budget to work