What are job opportunities available for someone who studied Industrial Chemistry?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Someone that I know is studying this course and he is beginning to think that there are no job opportunities available for his course and trying to say that his four years in the university is going to be a complete waste of time. I was trying to let him know that opportunities could come up some other time, but he countered me by asking if I have ever seen any job advertisement asking for graduates of industrial chemistry, and I was unable to provide an answer because I have never seen.

I do not want to believe there are no job opportunities for someone with a degree in this course that is why I am asking if you know of any?

IamDozzy

There are many job opportunities that avails anyone that studied industrial chemistry. One can be a Quality control analyst in manufacturing industries or the oil and gas industry, the can be laboratory scientist, process data analyst or even chemical engineers ( provided they studied chemical engineering at Masters level). They could even become an authority in their field by getting a PhD in their field.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Industrial chemistry is one of the most lucrative courses in the entire world. But according to your assertion,someone you know who is studying the course is already feeling frustrated. This course is not so lucrative in Nigeria because of the lack of job opportunities in the country for graduates. It is definitely one of the most lucrative courses in developed countries and of course that are job opportunities such as industrial analyst, they can also work in oil and gas and so many of them.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Industrial chemistry is one of the most lucrative courses in the entire world. But according to your assertion,someone you know who is studying the course is already feeling frustrated. This course is not so lucrative in Nigeria because of the lack of job opportunities in the country for graduates. It is definitely one of the most lucrative courses in developed countries and of course that are job opportunities such as industrial analyst, they can also work in oil and gas and so many of them.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
That is usually the major problem. One would have to think of going abroad before being able to explore those opportunities that you are talking about. Being from a developing country is not an easy thing to manage with. So many people have studied this course till post graduate level but there seems to be no jobs again for them and they are already frustrated.

Syldan

Careers in industrial chemistry vary from entry-level research jobs to positions supervising a large staff, in fields from agriculture to aerospace. ... Careers in technical support of industrial chemistry are another option. Production. Quality control is often a major focus of companies hiring industrial chemists

Adetayo100

There are so many jobs available for someone who studied industrial chemistry in the university which are you can work in the oil and gas sector, you can work as a lecturer in the university or polytechnic and impact your knowledge onto others, the problem in this country is just to get a job in your choice of fields which limits your options and start looking for jobs not fit for your standard.