What Are Some Problems Associated With Hotel Business?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Hotel business can be really lucrative. I remember visiting the country side in Pakistan and the hotels in the city of Murree were really expensive. they were charging a really good amount of money for staying there and this obviously means that they were earning a really great amount of money for that. The hotels in that city were of many kinds. The more luxurious the hotels, the higher the price. However, since we are going through an era of pandemic as of now, I am sure that most of the people are not visiting those cities any more or those cities at least now get only a few visitors. So, do you believe that it is the only big problem associated with hotel business? What Are Some Other Problems Associated With Hotel Business? Please explain.

Phabbyfundz

As with every other business venture.establishing a hotel and resort service business comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. Before establishing a hotel there are some thing you need to bring into consideration. Your location is the top on that list, the place you choose to locate your hotel often times determine the success of that hotel .

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The only problem I have with the hotel business is that most people mistake it for brothel. They always have the feeling that hotels are meant to carry out some sexual and amorous things. Apart from this, most wanted criminals do lodge in the hotels which may implicate the owners.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The usual problem of hotels is the occupancy. A hotel has a high overhead and it has a quota to be met every month. When there are fewer guests the cash flow will be at peril. What they do is to sell a coupon for a big discount on the accommodation and restaurants. Some hotels here have closed due to the pandemic when hotels are not allowed to take in guests.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think what really causes problems in hotel business is that most people investing in it just think they can make money from it while they don’t even know about it. There are some businesses you can’t just think you can invest in it because you have the required capital eventually they will end up selling it

Skysaint

Verified member
Well, there are some things that worths our consideration before setting up a hotel business. The first on the list is always location, it has to be established in an urban settlement and the more developed the place is the better and it's also good to create room for VIP and also for normal customer because not everyone can purchase extremely costly items