What are the basic needs of a retired person who depends on pension?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Before I retired I was already thinking of losing my income. The first thing that came ot my mind is the home. That was the time when we were renting and I was a bank officer. Fortunately, we were able to buy a home via a bank mortgage. The home is the primary need of the pensioner because the monthly pension is designed for the food and medication only. Of course, the home is not complete without the necessary appliances and furniture.

Another concern is the savings. Having an ample amount in the bank can give the pensioner peace of mind that he has money for emergency purposes. When it comes to the pension you are lucky if there is an excess after the expenses. That means you have a savings no matter how little. What more can you add?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You write up is very correct. And I will also like to say that apart from home needed by the pensioners the next things is food and health.
Its a good thing for every body working under a company or government parastatals to plan very well before the retirement so that one will not suffer at that time.
Some body's health is very important and that's will also be a focus of many pensioners.

Good luck

Verified member
Irrelevant words repetition
I think the basic needs of a retired pensioner who strongly depends on only his pension for survival is how to survive in life.To survive,such person needs good food because the person is gradually getting old and eating good diet will help such person to be healthy and strong.Immediately the pension allowance comes in,tje first thing is to get foodstuffs.such person should also eat more of fruit.

Nite

Valued Contributor
A retired person's basic needs would be his daily necessities like food, shelter, healthcare, transportation, and other essentials. Retirement planning works best if start from the beginning, as that'll be the best way to ensure a safe and secure retirement, you'll also have the power to fulfill your wishes while maintaining your financial freedom.

Mika

VIP Contributor
By the time you retire, you are at a certain age and your needs are even more than when you were still working. When you retire, you are at least 60 years old, a 60 years old person is likely to have heart diseases, diabetes, uric acid, arthritis, asthma, etc. You need medical attention and it will cost you a lot of money.