What are the best financial tips you can give to young investors?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I will really advise people who are really interested to invest in anything to be sure of what they are investing their money and they should also be experts and understand how the investment is being done. generally it is not advisable for you to give out your money for someone to invest for you .learn everything yourself and do it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think buying IPO shares will be cheaper than buying on the secondary market, so the potential profit will be doubled, but before we buy IPO shares we should consider the condition of the company by analyzing the financial statement, we also need to read the Prospectus, Knowing the Purpose of the IPO. If the company's goal is to sell IPO shares to pay off debt, we will lose.
Before any company releases IPO shares, it needs to get approval from the security board of the country. The security board of the country will give a nod only when the company shows potential, has good financial standing and is already making profits. Therefore, buying IPO shares is less risky than buying shares from the secondary market.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Ok I can consider this type of investment since they have a physical office and they have registered themselves with the government and the government has also given them the permission to carry on their activities but I don't know their return percentage on every investment one is making ,do you have any idea about it ?
I don't know if mutual funds are available in your place or not, but normally mutual funds will give you fixed return on investment for the fixed period of time. It is considered less risky than the share investment because instead of a normal person investing in share market, mutual fund is professionals investing on various markets.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am a young investor myself and I have been trading cryptocurrencies in order to make money. The very first advice i could give is that you must never invest what you cannot afford to lose when it comes to cryptocurrencies and this is simply because cryptos are more volatile than you can think. I lost $10 in a single day. :(

Suba

Staff member
I think buying IPO shares will be cheaper than buying on the secondary market, so the potential profit will be doubled, but before we buy IPO shares we should consider the condition of the company by analyzing the financial statement, we also need to read the Prospectus, Knowing the Purpose of the IPO. If the company's goal is to sell IPO shares to pay off debt, we will lose.

H

hor1z0n69

When it comes to investing money my first priority is in checking if the platform is legit

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Mutual funds are not online investment platforms. They are legit company that have registered with the government, approved by security board, having a physical location and operated by big companies, including banks. Mutual fund investment is alternative to investing in share markets. Mutual funds investment is less risky than share market investment.
Ok I can consider this type of investment since they have a physical office and they have registered themselves with the government and the government has also given them the permission to carry on their activities but I don't know their return percentage on every investment one is making ,do you have any idea about it ?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Even if they are legit and they are paying but as long as it is an online investment platform then I did not really have anything to do with it because they can just disappear. Most of this online investment platform did not have a physical office and they're not registered with a trusted government organisation. In this case they are not officially recognised.
Mutual funds are not online investment platforms. They are legit company that have registered with the government, approved by security board, having a physical location and operated by big companies, including banks. Mutual fund investment is alternative to investing in share markets. Mutual funds investment is less risky than share market investment.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There is an investment program called mutual funds. Mutual fund investment is a way to give away your money for the experts to invest on your behalf. You invest in mutual and get a fixed returns.The company than reinvest money on other projects and make money for you, they earn more than thy give back to you. Mutual is legit investment program.
Even if they are legit and they are paying but as long as it is an online investment platform then I did not really have anything to do with it because they can just disappear. Most of this online investment platform did not have a physical office and they're not registered with a trusted government organisation. In this case they are not officially recognised.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I will really advise people who are really interested to invest in anything to be sure of what they are investing their money and they should also be experts and understand how the investment is being done. generally it is not advisable for you to give out your money for someone to invest for you .learn everything yourself and do it.
There is an investment program called mutual funds. Mutual fund investment is a way to give away your money for the experts to invest on your behalf. You invest in mutual and get a fixed returns.The company than reinvest money on other projects and make money for you, they earn more than thy give back to you. Mutual is legit investment program.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those are very good advices shared on this thread. I have learnt so much from it since I am just a young investor too. Indeed one should not invest all money at hand, it is best to remain with some for any emergencies and needs that may rise up. Diversification is also very important in business.

Mika

VIP Contributor
These days a lot of young people want to and start investing in something lucrative. In order to succeed in business, finance, and investment, these young investors will have to learn from successful people. What financial tips can you give to young investors?

Based on my knowledge and experience, I think young investors must follow these ideas.

If you want to invest in the share market, buy shares from IPO. You can buy a lot of shares for a cheap price.

Do not invest your all savings. Have something in your emergency fund so that you can survive even when you lost your entire funds.

Don’t focus only on one area of business, or just one company invest in various businesses and companies. For instance, buy shares on 3 different companies, or don’t just invest in shares, also invest in real estate

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
These three point guide for young investors are also useful for old investors. When I say old investors, I mean old by age, and not old by experience, experienced investors already know what they should do while investing. Young investors should invest for long term instead of short term investment.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When it comes to investing money my first priority is in checking if the platform is legit. I have a story to tell but maybe I have to write a thread about the scam that was really good at the outset. Anyway, the scam site is the nemesis of an investor. With online investment I have to admit that I do not trust any site unless it is registered with the government and certified by the SEC or department of trade.

Kaffyfolla

Firstly if someone which to go into business, he or she need to be oriented in some areas which need to be monitored after he has raised capital, he has to look for locations suitable for his business while some environmental factors has to be considered in sitting business, proper monitoring of employees must be taken seriously, ability to competite with others, and you must be a risk bearer if you want your business to be boomed

Chibson

VIP Contributor
One of the things young investors should focus on is getting knowledge and understanding of any business venture they want to invest on. It is also very important to learn financial Management and to seek knowledge as I have stated before in order not to waste your money. Financial management is very important.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
A young investor should be determined and focused. There is more things to crash him down more than one can lift him up. So the best thing for him to do is just remain calm even in the face of turbulence. Then he should learn how to be disciplined and not let the pride enter him.

Phabbyfundz

In my opinion as a young investor and with my little experience as an investor I would say a good advice to give to any investor ,young or old because I know no one is above mistakes and every one is also prone to making losses or mistakes by wrong investment choices.
A good advice to take into considerations is to weigh your risks don't rush or jump into any investment no matter how juicy, or sweet it may look, first weigh the risks of any investment venture.

D

Deleted member 13140

Ahhh investing is really a scary thing. But that's the mindset of a failure so i will work om that.. haha
But as a kid am too interested in online business and the stock market. But alos scared of it.
I've not actually invested in any before but I have a plan to do so.
Am just panicking because its somehow certain that young entrepreneurs are bound to fail at some point what if mine is at the starting point.. very scary thought

Segat

Young investors in this context is not defined by age but by how long the specific individual has been taking the risk of investing. However, even though investing is good and lucrative but certain cautions must be taken especially for the young investors, the old investors are not really of great concern because it believed that' they are experienced. The first thing to be considered is that; know that investment is a risk, yes it is a risk that worth taking. As much that taking such risk is a must for growth and progression in life, it must be a calculative risk. Let it be know that investment is not a quick thing so you should not use all your income to the extent that it will affect getting some other things done especially if you are the bread winner of your family. Before investing investigates about where you want to invest your resources.