What Are The Drawbacks Of Working On Bidding Sites As A Writer?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Bidding sites have been gaining so much popularity that there are so many people who tend to flock to such kind of sites to get more work. The fact of the matter is that there are many writers who love to apply on such kind of sites. However, I think that there are so many disadvantages of working on such kind of sites.

Your Bid May Not Always get Accepted At Such Kind Of Sites

Well, this might be considered as one of the main disadvantages for many writers who want to work on those kind of sites. As a writer, it might frustrate you in case your bid does not get accepted, despite applying on various sites and platforms.

You May Not Get Paid if You Do Not Produce High-quality Work

Well, this may seem like a very obvious thing, there are many writers who may receive some sort of kill fee even if their work does not get accepted at many freelancing companies. This is not the case with bidding sites.

There are many other major disadvantages of using bidding sites as a writer. What are some of the other disadvantages you can think of when it comes to working as a writer on these sort of sites?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have encounter this bidding thing on Upwork which I’m still encountering, because it is not easy to compete with established writers. It is true that one’s bid may not always get accepted at these sites especially as a newbie with no portfolio
it is not only annoying it can be very frustrating, you see your bid not geting accepted, even you apply on different sites and platforms. You would be expected to provide portfolio of work and it should be High-quality Work. Then if you are even lucky to get the job the rate of rejection will be high. Making money on awriting site that demand bidding is not easy for new writers.

Another is that even getting to be accepted by the site is another issue. Like upwork getting accepted wasn’t even easy for me. I had to keep applying for it before I was accepted. I think this iswhy some of us restrict ourselves to posting on forums.