What are the ways to avoid or prevent dehydration?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Dehydration is when the body lacks the amount of fluid. One cause is diarrhea where the body excretes not only the solid waste but also the body fluid. On a hot summer day when under the sun the body would be sweating profusely which can also lead to dehydration. Other causes are complications of disease or sickness like chronic kidney disease.

The natural way of maintaining body fluid is by drinking half a glass of water every half hour. For mild dehydration it can be half a glass of water every hour. Eating salty foods can greatly help in retaining the water. Of course, enough rest is also needed so that the body would not burn much fats and fluid. One common symptom of dehydration is dizziness or headache that can lead to heat stroke.

Ganibade

Verified member
Dehydration can occur when body system loss amount of water from the body. This will occur as a result of various diseases like diarrhoea, dysentery, cholera, and typhoid. This can occur as a result of losing excess water from the body. This can be corrected immediately by using salt water solution as first aid to correct the losses of water. You can consult a medical doctor for emergency treatment.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Dehydration means a lack of fluids inside the body. What should you do when this is happening? Well, it is pretty simple, grab a glass of water and drink, if you don't feel full, take another glass. If you cannot take plain water, add some drops of lemon juice and a spoon of honey.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I wouldn't put myself in the tussle of drinking excessive water every half an hour of my life simply because I want to protect myself from dehydration. I understand your points man, dehydration is a major issue if we fail to take in enough liquid in our body that is rich in health. Water intake, helps in preventing dehydration no doubt.

What if, I am simply in a long journey, and I forgot to go with water, maybe due to traffic delaying my movement, will I still get down from the vehicle simply to take water and stop excessive sweat?

I wouldn't think such is feasible, because, those in the public vehicle will get tired of me. It will only be possible, if I am on my own vehicle, apart from that, I wouldn't try such. Even on my own vehicle, I wouldn't risk myself and my vehicle going down when the traffic is hindering my passage. If I am to take water along side my movement during such trip, I'll simply endure it, knowing too well, I am the cause of my dehydration when making such trip. A suffer dehydration at times, it isn't often, when I am at home, I will take enough water, when I am not closer to where their is water, I wouldn't force myself hard to get one.

Last edited: