Trading Discussion What are your favourite books related to trading?

Dora Wi

Although a lot of different sources are available for learning online such as YouTube videos and online courses, I still like reading books when I want to learn new things. So far I have read (or in some cases listened to) the following books:

1. Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom by Van K. Tharp - useful for learning about trading psychology and different strategies
2. One Good Trade by Mike Bellafiore - a good guide on how to build your trading plan and stick to it
3. Trading in the Zone by Mike Douglas - mostly trading psychology, useful if you already have an idea about the technical side of trading and you want to improve further

These are all very popular, I have found them through many people recommending them online. The next on my list is The Richest Man in Babylon - it's not specifically about trading but I heard good things about it. I found all three I have read to be useful.
What are some books you have read? Would you recommend them?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't have any trading book that have been reading for now because I concentrate so much in a lot of things, most of the learning I have been getting from a lot of expert about trading they have been teaching us how to predict the volatile market with technical analysis.

Ray Martinez

Creating and following a trading plan is critical to the success of the trader. Trading plans include daily trading routine, sources of market news, and events for market-wide perspectives to form fundamentals analysis, chart timeframes, and entry and exit timeframes for analysis to form technical analysis. Thanks to my broker Forex4you which give me the best trading condition to execute my trading plan perfectly.

Dora Wi

Creating and following a trading plan is critical to the success of the trader. Trading plans include daily trading routine, sources of market news, and events for market-wide perspectives to form fundamentals analysis, chart timeframes, and entry and exit timeframes for analysis to form technical analysis. Thanks to my broker Forex4you which give me the best trading condition to execute my trading plan perfectly.
I agree that having a trading plan and sticking to it is very important. The books I have mentioned have a lot of information about that, too. It is also important for your plan to suit your lifestyle and your personality - everyone has different limits when it comes to time spent on trading and risk tolerance.

Razor1911

I agree that having a trading plan and sticking to it is very important. The books I have mentioned have a lot of information about that, too. It is also important for your plan to suit your lifestyle and your personality - everyone has different limits when it comes to time spent on trading and risk tolerance.
Actually books gives only theoretical knowledge. It is good if you attain the theoretical knowledge at first before practically trading in forex. But to make real profit in forex business theoretical knowledge is not sufficient. Along with the theory , the practical knowledge is also required and the practical knowledge can only be attained by trading either in demo or in real accounts.

Dora Wi

Actually books gives only theoretical knowledge. It is good if you attain the theoretical knowledge at first before practically trading in forex. But to make real profit in forex business theoretical knowledge is not sufficient. Along with the theory , the practical knowledge is also required and the practical knowledge can only be attained by trading either in demo or in real accounts.
You are right, of course there's only so much that books can help with. Using a demo account while still in the process of learning is a wise thing to do.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't rely on books when it comes to trading cos the books can't make me successful trading, even if i read them to be knowledgeable. I follow the trends around crypto, join experts via social media groups, then make my own researches to have clue on what's going around crypto market.