What Can be Done About The Issues of Underpaid Workers?

Haypril

No large scale business can continue to maximize profit if it lacks workers, both skilled labor and unskilled labor. Large scale business will need at least 20 workers in other to carry out the daily activities of the business.

It can be seen almost at every establishment the ill treatment of workers and been underpaid. Some management allows their workers to work beyond the appointed time per duty and yet there won't be any form of incentives to appreciate the efforts of the worker. This issue of workers been underpaid is a thing to be bothered about.
What can be done to stop or reduced the effects?

Can workers every be paid according to their skills and time? Share your opinion.

Segat

Issue of underpaid worker is not starting today and will not end soonest, let it be known that all workers in different or the same industry cannot be treated equally especially if they are in different private sector because the company will always pay them based on the profit made monthly.

Segat

Issue of underpaid worker is not starting today and will not end soonest, let it be known that all workers in different or the same industry cannot be treated equally especially if they are in different private sector because the company will always pay them based on the profit made monthly.
It is important we sensitized individual to look beyond salary and get themselves established in a particular business as this is the only thing that can guarantee increment in your earning constantly. The policy makers can help in the place of making policy to regulate the underpaid saga especially in private firms to the nearest minimal.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view I believe it is only a substandard organisation that will owr their workers or always failing to pay their workers as well standard organisation will always pay their workers in as much as their work I've not go against the rules of the organisation, but any organisation that fails to pay their workers should be reported to the government and I'm sure the government is in the right place to deal with that very organisation.

Teatea

The issue of workers being underpaid will always exist until workers take their stand and refuse to settle for less. Workers get overworked in most establishment and they are paid way less than their efforts, it is not really the fault of the workers, there are only few jobs around so when you eventually get one, you'd want to keep it no matter the conditions surrounding it.

olubenson

According to my own point of view I believe it is only a substandard organisation that will owr their workers or always failing to pay their workers as well standard organisation will always pay their workers in as much as their work I've not go against the rules of the organisation, but any organisation that fails to pay their workers should be reported to the government and I'm sure the government is in the right place to deal with that very organisation.
If i may ask. If it were to be in my own country Nigeria you would fight for them, by reporting to the government officials?
Do you think the government pay accordingly too? The government can't force private companies to pay certain minimum wage because the government aren't paying the minimum wage either.
So payment will always be to the detriment of the junior workers.

sorry, what a cruel world.

Planet408

The issue of under paid workers is a common issue in Africa and some other continents. There are contributing factors to this and of which the poor economy of the country is one of the causes. Though there are still some stingy employers who don't want to pay their employees well. Yet they want to see them look good in their offices. Nothing can actually be done about this. You just have to work hard and improve yourself and quit the job.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

you should of unpaid work is really getting serious this day is in Nigeria I think the best option to do in unpaid workers situation, the is to allow the government know what is going on with this the government intervening in worker salary will make organisation take it more seriously either a private organisation or government of the station because the workout deserve is better salary and salary should be paid on time.

Segat

Workers underpayment is a great challenge facing the developing country and it is really disheartening. There is nothing really that can be done to it at once but can be reducing gradually until it gets to the minimal. If the employee will be sincere they can also make some incentive available to lessen the burden of underpayment.