What changes the orientation of our Parent concerning sport?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Before now I can still remember when our father will be asking us that; what will you like to become in future? Some will say; I want yo become doctor, another one I want to become a Pilot and another Nurse.etc.
But if they ask you that what will you like to become and you said a Footballer or a Clergy man then you will them saying one is a bastard.
But to my surprise this days their thinking has greatly change. This time you will see parent sending their kids to Footballer Academy. Sending their kids to become a boxer.
Not like before any more.. Though this may sounds funny but not funny its a reality of what is going on. My conclusion is that, I think since the world had been digitalised many of our patent had been listening to News heard the type of salaries those sport people used to received. I think may be that's what made many of them to change.

Or what did you think that contributed to their quick turn around?

funmi

Verified member
Many of our parents in the 80's do not believe that sporting is a serious job career for their children to embark on. They believed that their children should either choose a career from medical line, law,,engineering and so on. They never believed sport could have good prospects in future. In fact many parents usually beat their children a lot when ever they hear that their children went to play football when ever they are not around. But now adays, the narrative has changed because many athletes are making a lot of money. I think the major reason is because of the money and the popularity.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Football has now become number one sport in the world with more fan. And this is not the only thing that can attract one to football. The money that those players is even enough to convince one to fall in love with football. Nowadays, parents even send their children to football academy.

Good luck

Verified member
Most of our parents don't believe in making a career in sports.they belief that if you are good in one particular sport then their is no way you can be academically sound and efficient.they think that sport is nothing and one cannot achieve anything doing sport not knowing that you can be good in a particular sport and at the same time be sound academically.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the recent Tokyo Olympics our 2 boxers who both earned a silver medal revealed that it is their father who initiated them in boxing. One of them is Nesthy who is a featherweight in the women's category while Carlo is a flyweight in the men's category. They could not have been in boxing if not for the insistence of their father who also gave them the inspiration.