What could be the cause of the fall in the price of Bitcoin?

Hassanbenjamin

Many investors see Bitcoin’s price swings as part of the game, but “volatility is tough for individual investors to deal with,” Noble says. Like Yang, he warns against selling too fast.
Recent price fluctuation has followed surging inflation, ongoing uncertainty over the country’s lingering fight with COVID-19 and new regulatory actions by the U.S. government, including Biden’s recent executive order. In an industry as new and unproven as cryptocurrency, it doesn’t take much to drive big swings in price. More generally, new short-term investors who are selling their holdings in reaction to the latest drop may be contributing to the drop in Bitcoin’s value, according to a report from Glassnode Insights, a blockchain analysis firm.
While fluctuations are expected, Noble says he’s been surprised by some of the recent big drops. “I thought the market was maturing and these things would be less frequent and severe. Boy was I wrong,” he says.
Some of the drops have been caused by a combination of factors, Noble theorizes, from excitement about low-quality coins, to negative remarks from Elon Musk, to China’s recent crackdown on crypto services. This mix of factors has potential to make sell-offs “all the more violent,” says Noble.
He likens the drop to the stock market crash of 1987, from which the markets took months to recover. But because crypto moves a lot faster today than equities did in the 1980s, Noble says we may see a quicker recovery.
“Don’t panic and puke,” Noble says. “If you keep your positions small, you can try to tolerate the volatility.”
In your own opinion, what do you think might be the cause of crash in price of BTC?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I believe China may not likely be the cause in the price fall of all cryptocurrency , the reason is because China has banned cryptocurrency long time ago. it is just this year that the price of Bitcoin start decreasing in value.

There was even a prediction that this year will be full of bear market , but I didn't take the prediction serious because I was just believing that the price of cryptocurrency will move on as normal.

The point is that , we will not accurately understand the reason behind the fall of cryptocurrency but a lot of people are believing this to be as a result of the war in Ukraine but this may not likely be true because the price of cryptocurrency start declining immediately we sets into the New Year from my observation.

I don't know if Elon musk will really have anything to do with this

Hassanbenjamin

I believe China may not likely be the cause in the price fall of all cryptocurrency , the reason is because China has banned cryptocurrency long time ago. it is just this year that the price of Bitcoin start decreasing in value.

There was even a prediction that this year will be full of bear market , but I didn't take the prediction serious because I was just believing that the price of cryptocurrency will move on as normal.

The point is that , we will not accurately understand the reason behind the fall of cryptocurrency but a lot of people are believing this to be as a result of the war in Ukraine but this may not likely be true because the price of cryptocurrency start declining immediately we sets into the New Year from my observation.

I don't know if Elon musk will really have anything to do with this
Yes crypto has recorded a fall this year as you rightly said but it one thing or point you made that got my attention is the fact that there was or ther is war between Russia and Ukraine and it might probably be the reason why things go this way in the crypto market. But I think the bitcoin has maintained a uniform motion through the period of the heated war between both countries and thus becoming uneasy to accurately say what is the reason behind the fall but I hope things get better as soon as possible. Thank you for the great contribution.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes crypto has recorded a fall this year as you rightly said but it one thing or point you made that got my attention is the fact that there was or ther is war between Russia and Ukraine and it might probably be the reason why things go this way in the crypto market. But I think the bitcoin has maintained a uniform motion through the period of the heated war between both countries and thus becoming uneasy to accurately say what is the reason behind the fall but I hope things get better as soon as possible. Thank you for the great contribution.
Well , so many things are to be put into consideration. if you are looking at the price chart of bitcoins from the 1st of this year , you will come to find out that bitcoins has been maintaining a constant downtrend. This really shows that maybe bitcoins was meant to have a bearish season this year . The war in Ukraine may and may not possibly be the cost. But we needs to understand that the war obviously will make a lot of Ukraine investors to withdraw earning either for survival or for any other things . I was just saying it as one of the possible factors that might affect the price of BTC.

Even before the war of Ukraine , a lot of people have predicted about this but then. I was not really serious to take that into consideration because I was just believing that the price of bitcoins and other cryptocurrency will keep moving in a normal uptrend.