What do people often misunderstand about SEO?

D

Deleted member 13140

One of the most misconceptions about search engine are the elements Google considers to rank pages, and how their weight will differ in different queries.
While lots and lots of links with anchor text could increase your ranking factorm
Inspire of content weakness in some cases but they certainly won't in others.
While great quality content can rank even without super strong links, that's not always the case.
Okay high engagements and lots of social media promotions, and low bounce rate (I suppose) can be a positive effect on some SERPs,
it’s not a universal given that this alone can keep you on page one.
Even Google has publicly said a few times that it's only one algorithm they use for all searches (discovered this recently)

And i believe that's true,

Okay this may and may not be.
Google does not even look at keywords in the meta tags I believe, because they have a video out there stating this fact, (saw it on some webinar, I attended online)
So if you're doing keyword analysis these days, maybe do it for the right reasons - like including the keyword phrase in your titles, near the top of pages, also on your anchor test and on your images and alternate text also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mika

VIP Contributor
For a lot of people, SEO is all about using keywords and building backlinks. However, SEO is more than adding keywords and building backlinks. Well, keyword usage and backlink building are two important SEO strategies but these two strategies are not enough to rank your website high n the search engines.