What do you do with remaining office funds in your hands.

Etini

Valued Contributor
In some organizations, tasks are delegated to some staff. And some of these tasks have financial commitments to them. For instance, you are sent to go and discharge a particular assignment and funds are being released to you to use and complete the tasks. If the funds remain, what do you do? Do you return the money back to the organization. Or do you take the money after all it originates from your assignment.

As for me, I won't bother returning such money. After all, if I didn't strategize and carry out the assignment, there would have been no leftovers. Some bosses want to get such funds back from their staff. It is not fair. The staff should be allowed to take those kind of funds. If they were two, allow them to share the money. When funds are released for assignment, the organization should completely forget about such funds.

uforwealth

Verified member
You should return the remaining funds. By doing so, you are gradually building good reputations for yourself. As time goes on , your boss and other staff in the organization will see you as a trustworthy person and as a result you can be quickly promoted. On the other hand , if you think that nobody knows that the fund remains and refuse to return it, the boss and other workers may have may have been monitoring and testing you without your knowledge and this could mar your success in the organization.