What is chemotherapy?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Chemotherapy said to be the treatment of infections by substances which destroy or suppress bacteria. The sulphaonamides were the first group of chemical drugs to be used successfully in the treatment of common infections. They exert their effect by inhibiting the growth if invading bacteria,thus allowing the defensive mechanism of the body to overcome susceptible organisms. Unfortunately the sulphonamides are ineffective against many dangerous bacteria.
The discovery of penicillin represented a major victory in the fight against bacteria,and greatly increases the range of bacteria which can be over come. Penicillin is not a chemical drug but is,in fact,the product of a living mould. It is called an antibiotic and destroys the germs directly. Several other potent antibiotics are now available. Streptomycin is the first agent to be effective against the tubercle bacillus, while chloramphenicol suppresses the typhoid group of bacteria. The tetracycline antibiotics have further extended the scope of chemotherapy. One great difficulty has arisen in the use of antibiotics; in some cases bacteria at first susceptible to a particular antibiotic later become resistant yo it. For example ,nowadays staphylococci grown from hospital dust are nearly always resistant to penicillin.

There may be more explanation from every individuals also .
What is chemotherapy?

Paridhi

Chemotherapy said to be the treatment of infections by substances which destroy or suppress bacteria. The sulphaonamides were the first group of chemical drugs to be used successfully in the treatment of common infections. They exert their effect by inhibiting the growth if invading bacteria,thus allowing the defensive mechanism of the body to overcome susceptible organisms. Unfortunately the sulphonamides are ineffective against many dangerous bacteria.
The discovery of penicillin represented a major victory in the fight against bacteria,and greatly increases the range of bacteria which can be over come. Penicillin is not a chemical drug but is,in fact,the product of a living mould. It is called an antibiotic and destroys the germs directly. Several other potent antibiotics are now available. Streptomycin is the first agent to be effective against the tubercle bacillus, while chloramphenicol suppresses the typhoid group of bacteria. The tetracycline antibiotics have further extended the scope of chemotherapy. One great difficulty has arisen in the use of antibiotics; in some cases bacteria at first susceptible to a particular antibiotic later become resistant yo it. For example ,nowadays staphylococci grown from hospital dust are nearly always resistant to penicillin.

There may be more explanation from every individuals also .
What is chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is really a bad or can say painful treatment of cancer patients. My father in law was a cancer patient and went under the Chemotherapy . Due to this, his all hair was gone and he was bald. He was so weak and he couldn't tolerate the pain of that Chemo and finally he died with the pain of Chemo. I don't know the chemical formula of Chemo but in general it is really very painful to a cancer patient.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am not in the medical field but I understand that chemotherapy is injecting "poisonous" medicines to your body to kill the cancer cells. The hair would fall off and you will be bald for a time. They said that chemotherapy is milder then radiation or surgery so we have to learn about it if you have cancer cells. I am praying that I wouldn't have cancer. It scares me.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am not in the medical field, I even did not study biology or pharmacy in the college, therefore, I do not know about this topic. I hear chemotherapy is mainly used for cancer treatment, it is used to kill cancerous cells in the cancer patient who arein the second and third stage of cancer. I hear that chemotherapy is given once drugs become in active

Sodiq

Although I don't know much about chemotherapy, but with the little knowledge I have gain both here on Trendri and other places, i think I have no option but to agree with all what you wrote up there. And in addition to the already mentioned details on chemo Generally, Chemotherapy is believed to be a medicinal term or let's call it medicinal treatment which is used to eliminate cancer cells from the body. Chemotherapy just as it sounds is a combination of chemicals (drugs) and therapy.

Chemotherapy are loaded with highly powerful chemical compunds which helps to kill fast growing cells in the body. It is majorly used for the treatment of cancers in human body. Chemotherapy cann reduce the chance of cancer coming back to your body. Thus chemotherapy can give you a prolong life.They are also of different types depending on what type of cancer you want to treat.

Chemotherapy also comprises of some dangerous chemicals which can have adverse effects on your body or damaged some heathy cells in the body. Some negative effects that chemotherapy can have on human body includes; frequently vomiting, nauseating, they also caused hair loss, in fact hair loss is the most common, they can cause fatigue and tiredness, anemia, they also increase the chances of bleeding and diarrhea in the body.

MoneyMaker1

Chemotherapy is a drug treatment that uses powerful chemicals to kill fast-growing cells in your body. Chemotherapy is most often used to treat cancer, since cancer cells grow and multiply much more quickly than most cells in the body. Many different chemotherapy drugs are available.

Cynthia Moran

Chemotherapy is a treatment that uses anti-cancer drugs to kill cancer cells. It can be used alone or with other medicines before surgery, or after surgery on its own. The goal of chemotherapy is to shrink tumors and help cure cancer. Chemotherapy is used to treat cancer by killing the fast-growing cells that allow tumors to grow. It's also used to relieve pain, control symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, and prevent recurrence of cancer after surgery or radiation treatment. In some cases, chemotherapy may be used as the primary treatment for specific cancer or as a palliative treatment for advanced disease. Many chemotherapy medicines are given through a drip. A drip is a thin, flexible plastic tube that has a bag at the top which holds the medication. The placement of the drip into your vein can be done by a nurse, doctor, or parent in your local hospital. The amount of fluid used depends on the type of chemotherapy you are having and your weight. But there are some other techniques like Bioresonance Focused Ultrasound Technology Therapy which is used to cure cancer patients or reduces cancer cells. The therapy centers like RoyalVibe Health use this kind of technology for their patients to save their lives.

U

Urielthompson75

Chemotherapy is the use of chemical compounds to treat an illness, particularly the use of cytotoxic and other medications to treat cancer. Chemotherapy is a treatment that involves the administration of one or more anti-cancer medications as part of a defined chemotherapy protocol.